Week before Christmas

Oct 8th, 2003, 06:17 AM
Original Poster

Week before Christmas

Seriosly considering a trip to Paris from 12/15 through 12/22. What is weather like? Are there any special things going on that I shouldn't miss? How are the crowds?
Oct 8th, 2003, 07:14 AM

Weather is always hard to predict
here are some websites that have historical weather info, and you can also check the forecasts before you go

http://www.paris.org/Accueil/Climate/ weather and climate all over France, also has historical
data
http://www.accuweather.com/adcbin/in...xcountry=EU;FR Paris 5-day forecast
www.wunderground.com On the home page you can click on the Europe map, and on the next screen click on your country. Then you get a list of cities to click on.
When you do that, you get a screen with the forecast on the right side, but on the left side, under Conditions, there is a submenu offering for historical weather info.
www.weatherbase.com and www.washingtonpost.com also have historical data

Last time I was there a couple of years ago it was early to mid-Dec. Cold wasn't too bad (but I'm from New York) but it rained pretty often. A lined raincoat, umbrella, waterproof shoes, and a sweater to go under the raincoat are highly recommended.

Crowds won't be bad, but that's not to say that you won't find a line at the Louvre or Orsay museums. A museum pass will help you there.

I have a file on Paris; if you'd like to see it, email me at
[email protected]
Also click at the top of this screen on
Destinations--lots of good Paris info.

Search this Thread