I am going to a wedding in early August of a close family friend. We are planning to bring our 2 kids (active boys aged 8 and 10) along with my brother and his family (girls 4 and 6) and grandparents (including 79 year old grandpa - but he does not have to do everything).
The wedding is near Dusseldorf. We are planning to be in Europe for about 2 weeks. I would welcome ideas of some high level itineraries that might be appealing for young children. My husband and I already did a small tour of Bavaria a couple of years ago so we probably would not do that again. Some family members had mentioned Berlin; others had mentioned the Netherlands and Belgium or possibly Switzerland. I don't know if Denmark or Eastern Europe would be too far?? I know I am all over the map here . . .
All 4 kids enjoy the outdoors and would be up for some moderate hiking (Grandpa would be OK with skipping any heavy duty hikes). We would want to mix things up so that there is a blend of cultural sights and some outdoors/active stuff too.
Help! I'm not used to traveling in Europe with little tykes in tow . . . I know that we will need to choose several hubs and not hop around to too many destinations given the size of the group and age spans involved.
Thanks so much, in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ICQ#661116561 Sell dumps pin skim atm plastic card ccv fullz info
- 2 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 3 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 4 Poland--where else to go
- 5 The World's Greatest Churches
- 6 frequent functioning, then epidermis
- 7 10 days in europe
- 8 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 9 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 10 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 11 Trans Siberian Train
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 Malaga Christmas lights
- 14 GTG Paris December 2017
- 15 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 16 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 17 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 18 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 19 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 20 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 21 Greece during Easter week or August
- 22 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 23 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 24 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 25 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!