Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Websites for discounted hotel rooms in Rome?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 09:43 PM
Kate

I'm planning my honeymoon. We would like to stay 6 nights in Rom e and have several ideas for hotels. <BR><BR>I'm wondering if anyone knows of any discount hotel websites (sort of like an Italian Travelocity) that might offer a rate at these hotels that is less than the rack rate on their sites.<BR><BR>Thank you!<BR><BR>Kate

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 12:19 AM
peter

www.venere.it OR www.venere.com

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 03:25 AM
Maddy

Expedia also has special rates for some hotels in Italy on its website.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Rex

These sites offer no bargains. Italy, in general, is so overrun by tourists that hotel rate cutting is nonexexistent. <BR><BR>

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Rex

Wow!<BR><BR>I'm not saying we can't share this name here, Rex, but you ought to know, you night get confused with someone else here on this forum.<BR><BR>Me.<BR><BR>Some of the sentiments shared could well be positive; some could well be otherwise.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex Bickers<BR>Westerville, Ohio<BR><BR>P.S. what is weindot.com? There doesn't seem to be a www.weindot.com - - is that right?<BR>

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 05:58 PM
Marj

I email the hotels directly for rate info and also to book. They generally get back to you very quickly. You can cross-reference the price they give with the website prices. Also, dealing with them directly, you can make specific request (like not facing noisy street or larger room, etc.)

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 06:26 PM
Tom

Kate - Try www.180096hotel.com<BR>Regards - Tom

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 06:28 PM
betsy

Kate - laterooms.com has discounted rome hotel rooms.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 07:30 PM
lilly

I just found some great discount sites for Florence and they offer Rome as well:www.hotelclub.net; http://online.allrez.com/hotprice.asp; and www.italy-rome-hotel.com. I found venere.com many dollars more costly than comparison prices with the above.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 04:55 AM
Rex2

I ammend my former statement. Any hotel in Italy that needs to cut rate in order to attract tourists is not likely some place that you wuld want to stay.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 07:39 AM

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 08:40 AM
Geoff

I used Venere once but was not really impressed, they don't have a large selection. I can't guarantee it's a cut rate, but found www.itwg.com to be a terrific way of finding hotels. Some of them do give a slight discount in off and shoulder seasons from the rack rate just because they do not have to pay the same commission for booking if you do it via the internet. That's the same if you contact them direct, which is a good idea.