Search

Web Site for Bologna Air and Train

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2003, 04:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Web Site for Bologna Air and Train

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a site that gives the lowdown on the layout of the airport at Bologna, and where it lies in relationship to the train station? I'm flying in from Frankfurt midday, weekday, and will be taking the train to Florence.

Also, if anyone has some interesting experiences or anecdotes to share about their time in Bologna, I'd be glad to read about them. I'd like to explore the city during my time in Italy, and so far have liked everything I've read in the postings here and in guidebooks.

Thanks to all.

Old Sep 25th, 2003, 04:34 AM

There have been several recent posts about the joys of Bologna. So, a search on the forum should provide you will a lot of helpful info on what to see and do.
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 04:55 AM

There's a website at http://www.bologna-airport.it/ (assuming you mean Marconi and not Forli). According to it, there's a bus; click on "How to reach us"/"Train"/"Aerobus" for schedules/fares.

Enjoy your trip,
Paul
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 05:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks guys. The airport is BLQ. I'll figure out if that's Forli or Marconi after I check out Paul's web site at lunch. Thanks again.
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 06:16 AM

Good morning, outbound
My most vivid memory of Bologna is that
during our stay, I kept telling my wife
that I would let her have all of Thursday afternoon to shop to her hearts
content.. Thursday noon arrived and all
the stores closed for the remainder of
the day. Whow, a womens rath...
Richad of LaGrange Park, Ill
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

btw: BLQ = Marconi.

Dick: Closed the rest of the day, or, closed for siesta? I would hate to think you suffered her wrath needlessly!

Shopping, in general: With the university there, Bologna must have some notable shops for art prints, graphics, posters, maps, books, etc. I'd like to browse through some of those shops. (Any first-hand recommendations would be appreciated.) Also, I read in one guide book that there is a shoe shop for men and women with larger-than-average feet. Maybe I'll "stumble" onto it. Thanks everyone.
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 11:21 AM

I can recommend one crafts shop that is located in one of the two famous towers in Bologna. I forget the name of the shop, but you can't miss the towers! It sold crafts made by local artisans.
In general, the shopping in Bologna is quite good. My wife found the selections good and the prices lower than Rome and Florence.
Overall, we found Bologna to be a delightful experience. Good food (though I can't remember the names of any of the places we ate at), an excellent Etruscan museum (Museo Civico),a wonderful piazza (Piazza Maggiore that is great for people watching)and a lot more.