Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Weather on Oct 1 in Switzerland and Como?

Weather on Oct 1 in Switzerland and Como?

May 26th, 2005, 05:28 AM
Original Poster

Weather on Oct 1 in Switzerland and Como?

My wife and I will be visintg Burgundy, Switzerland and Lake Como around October 1. For those of you who have been to any of the above places, what should the weather be like? Will it restrict are touring? We will have a car.

Thanks David J
May 26th, 2005, 08:01 AM

I will only comment on the availability of hotels on Lake Como. I know that many are closed by November (am less sure about October); assume you have checked this out already. Cannot comment on the weather since have only visited in the May-June timeframe.

I've been to Switzerland in early October and found the weather throughout (including the highest alpine areas) to be pleasant..early morning chills in some lower elevations but easy warm-ups. No bone-chilling/bitter temps were to be found. October is a wonderful time since it is much less crowded than the "high" season.

Hopefully someone here can comment about the closure of the higher road passes (although for many that means a delay long enough to load your car onto a train for a tunnel pass-through)which I suspect will still be open.

Search this Thread