Weather in Rome in February

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 02:36 AM
Pup

Weather in Rome in February

Can anyone tell me what the weather is like in Rome and Florence in February? Thanks.

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 04:50 AM
Ishoo

Average Feb. temps: 55 hi, 42 low, with 9 days of rain. Have fun.

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 05:11 AM
Shanna

Hi, Pup. We went in late January. In Rome it was cold enough for a coat and probably gloves but we didn't have to really bundle up and weren't uncomfortable. It was warm enough for the cyclamen to be blooming - magnificantly - in window boxes. Florence was colder, wetter. My friend actually bought another coat when we reached Florence while her short carcoat worked fine in Rome. I picked up a wool sweater. Personally, Italy to me is hot weather and being outside a lot. My trip in the winter just didn't do it. Although there is nothing like a cappuccino on a cold morning! Have a great time.

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 06:23 AM
sandy

Went to Rome last Feb 22-26. Leather jacket was perfect as weather was about 50 or so. Needed an umbrella one day as it sprinkled on and off. Was still able to enjoy some outdoor people watching though, as the sidewalk cafes and the Piazza Navona restaurants have those big heaters--so warm I even took off my jacket. I thought it was great not dealing with crowds!