Weather in Paris is October

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 04:48 PM
toby

Weather in Paris is October

I am planning to visit Paris for the first time in October this year......What is the typical weather like during that time of year??....Thanks.

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 04:52 PM
Jody

I don't know and I don't care, it's PARIS!!! Saying that ,on our 7th trip a year or so ago . it was coolish ,never had to wear more than a sweater over a sweater, 1 day of light drizzle, not enough to even get concerned about and as I said it's paris and just enjoy. Take an umbrella , layer clothing and enjoy

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 04:56 PM
Anita

In mid-October 1997 we had very nice weather. It drizzled one morning during a one week stay. Other days were "Goldilocks" -- not too warm, not too cool, just right. The second week we were in Normandy where it was a bit cooler and breezier but still clear. Don't know if weather in Paris was likewise cooler that week.

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 07:37 PM
obin

We were there in 1997 in October. VERY cold, had to have the hotelput on the heat. Needed scarf and gloves when visiting chateaux in Loire Valley. Very rainy too. Sorry for that..hope yours is better.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 06:04 AM
Karen

Toby,

We were there for the 1st ten days in November, 2000. Had one day of downpour, one day of drizzle, and eight days of sunny/cloudy mix. We were happy with the weather, considering the time of year. Hey, we were in Paris!!!

We wore light sweaters with undershirts or turtlenecks underneath. Had raincoats with take-out lining. Take two pairs of shoes in case one gets wet. Temperatures were in the mid-40's to low-60's.

Have a great trip!

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 06:10 AM
elvira

Paris in October (maaany trips):
Sunny and in the hi 60's
Sunny and in the 50's
Rainy and in the 60's
Rainy and in the 40's
Cloudy and in the 50's

Sometimes, all on the same trip...

So layer, bring rain gear (raincoat and/or umbrella), have two pairs of shoes and extra socks should your feet get wet, have alternate plans for outdoor activities (Pere Lachaise is miserable in a downpour).

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 07:56 AM
Dawn

These posts are great! Jody sums it up in a nutshell. It drizzled for us on my last 10 day excursion there every day. Sometimes the rain would come for hours. It was in the 60s but felt colder. I didn't care as it was PARIS!!! I ate lunch when it rained, I stopped for a glass of wine when it rained, I spent days in museums when it rained. Go for it and don't let it get to you if it rains. It's a great city to be in when the weather is so-so.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 09:03 AM
Larry

I went in October I think in '98(?) and the weather was fantastic. Actually hot for a few days maybe one day of light rain (mist) and the chestnut tree's are in fall colors. I would love to go again in Oct. PS Early May was great too

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 09:53 AM
xxx

Toby,
I was in Paris mid Oct. 2000. Most days it drizzled and we needed a light jacket with a long sleeved shirt. I also brought a fleece vest and wore that frequently and was quite comfortable. I think I only wore a short sleeve shirt on one day. I brought things that could be layered and that worked well. Have a great time!

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 09:56 AM
Book Chick

In a word, "fickle". (A great word used by our own Elaine.) Bring layers & an umbrella & be prepared for anything. (As I'm in Michigan, this is usually not a problem for me.)
Bon Voyage!
BC