Weather in Nice/Monaco in mid-November?

Sep 10th, 2002, 10:21 AM
Tim

Weather in Nice/Monaco in mid-November?

Hi

I am thinking of a honeymoon in Nice/Monaco in Mid-November What is the weather like then. It seems thatmany of the hotels shut down after October. Should I avoid the area as it is too dead and cold?

Thanks for your help!

PS any hints on a hotel are greatly appreciated!

Sep 10th, 2002, 10:28 AM
brett

Just returned 10 days ago. Hotel westminster on the promenade in Nice is very nice and not too expensive 170 euro/night. it is located next door to hotel negresco. I really enjoyed Nice. I do not recommend staying in monaco as there is little to do or see there, and it it much more expensive. Nice has most of the picturesque views monaco has just not quite as many mounatins. Nice is also much more English friendly compared to Monaco where few people I came across spoke English. Monaco is worth a day trip but that's about it in my opinion. Nice has lots of excellent restaurants. Mid November will be cool and I would think the promenade(boardwalk area) would be quiet although I don't know that for sure. It is ideal to go june thru sept when the temp. are warmer.

Sep 10th, 2002, 11:24 AM
x

www.weatherbase.com

Sep 11th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Tim

Thanks weatherbase is exactly what I needed!!!

Oct 6th, 2002, 07:48 AM
Caitlyn

Hello Tim
I know you posted your question a while back now but if you happen to pick up your thread again this is just to say that I was in Monte Carlo last Dec from the 7th to the 10th celebrating my 10th wedding anniversary. The weather was cloudless blue skies daytime (although I needed a jacket) and dry but very chilly in the evening. Have a great honeymoon. Monaco is very expensive. Stay in Nice and visit!!