Notices

Weather in late November for Paris

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 01:24 PM
sam

Weather in late November for Paris

I'm trying to plan a trip to Europe for the Thanksgiving holiday for one week but not sure which European has the best weather. I'm leaning towards Paris since I already been to Spain (almost everywhere), Portugal, Amsterdam and Ireland. Is Paris a good time to go in late November (20th until the 27th)? Or does anyone else have a better idea?

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 01:32 PM
elvira

I personally feel that Paris in a hurricane is better than anyplace else on earth with perfect weather.

That being said - November weather is iffy anywhere in Europe, so think about cities with indoor stuff to do (concerts, museums, castles) rather than countryside with outdoor stuff to do (I'd ipskay the walk along the Cinque Terre).

Paris, Rome, Florence, London...or go to Morocco.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 01:36 PM
Capo

*LOL* Elvira! I tend to agree with what you said about Paris.

Sam, I was in Paris over Thanksgiving back in 1994 and the weather was very nice, fairly sunny and in the mid-60s. However, a friend of ours in Paris said that we got lucky, that weather like that was unseasonably warm.

One of the things we really enjoyed that time of year was seeing the Christmas lights on the major department stores on the right bank.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 07:17 PM
clairobscur

The weather will be most likely very poor (overcast, rainy, cold, short day time). Perhaps you could go to Rome,instead, since apparently you never went there?

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 07:46 PM
Patricia

Sam,

I have to agree with the overcast and rain prediction. I went last fall, but even with all the great suggestions from the Fodorites here, I wasn't very smart in that I didn't bring an umbrella. It would happen that I was in need of one more than not. It was cold too, most days. Bring lots of layering pieces and a nice warm coat along with your raingear. Don't forget the gloves just in case!

Hope this helps!
Patricia

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 03:13 PM
Michelle

We were in Paris last year for Thanksgiving and enjoyed it immensely. The weather was mainly in the low to mid 50's. We did have 1 day of bad rain - but that was it. Personally I loved sightseeing in that kind of weather. At times we felt like we had the sights all to ourselves. I was in Paris again for the day 2 weeks ago and it was HOT. Give me November weather any day. Michelle