Weather in late august/early Sept

Mar 9th, 2004, 11:40 PM
lyb
Original Poster

Weather in late august/early Sept

I know that weather can vary, but what would be the "typical" weather in London during the last week of August and first week of September? I'm starting to get into more detailed planning of my upcoming trip and I'm trying to figure out what kind of clothes.

Of course, I'll be checking the weather when it gets closer, but I'd love to get an idea in advance. Thanks in advance.
Mar 10th, 2004, 12:36 AM

In the UK we rarely have typical weather.

However, the end of August, beginning Spet should be pretty warm and in recent years, it has been about 27C but it can also go down to 15C - but its is unlikely to be below that.

I would pack for warm weather, with a few thicker items in case. It can be wet that time of year though, so waterproofs would also be on my list.

Mar 10th, 2004, 08:45 AM

I was in London in late Aug-early Sept in 2002. Our weather was PERFECT!. It rained about 15 minutes the entire week. Just wore short sleeves and a sweater and slacks.
Mar 10th, 2004, 09:46 AM

2002 was perfect; 2003 was the hottest weather in UK recorded history and really dreadful; 2004 could be either or it could the coldest in history. There is really know ay to know. About 2 weeks before your trip start looking at the long range forecasts. They are pretty accurate for about 7 to 10 days out . . . .
Mar 10th, 2004, 11:34 AM
lyb
Original Poster

Thank you everyone...I'm really looking forward to my first trip to London....and until then, I have to satisfy myself with enjoying the planning stage.