Weather in Italy - mid April

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of course none of us are Weather predictors, but could you provide an idea of what type of weather to expect during mid April in these parts of Italy: Florence, Venice, Parma, Cinque Terre.

Thank you, Weather Channel!!
xoxo
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 08:40 AM

http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/c...p3?c=IT&refer=
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 02:14 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
No predicting the weather, but when I've been in early April, it's been short sleeves during the day and jackets at night.
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

that would mean a couple of jackets for me, kybourbon!! I am from Florida! It drops below 59F and we get cold!! lol

Rainy season starts when?....
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 02:38 PM

Rainy season starts to end around the 3rd week in April -- but like you said, none of us are weather predictors. Please understand that Spring really does last until June 21, even on the Riviera -- so days of pouring rain and wind can happen all through Spring.

Also bear in mind that global warming has affected Italy like every place else on the globe, so look at websites with historic weather averages are now sadly out of touch with reality when thinking about a real trip.

if you can keep your plans flexible, that is really the best. Only book hotels in scenic destinations if they have a 24 hour/48 hour cancellation policy. Watch the weather when you arrive in Italy and only go to the Riviera if you see short-term forecasts of sunny skies for several days running. There really is no point in being on the Riviera if it is raining cats and dogs.

You will be right in step with the Italians in bundling up against chilly drafts at night. They hate chill. Bring or buy scarves to tuck around your neck along with your double layer of jackets.