Reload this Page >

Weather in Germany in April

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 1998, 04:19 PM
Dianne Fleharty

Is it necessary to bring rain gear and what sort of outer wear would be best? I don't plan to take a winter weight jacket-is it needed? Will jeans or slacks be acceptable for most places?

Old Feb 23rd, 1998, 01:45 AM
Fiona

Should be quite nice but make sure you bring a couple of warm and waterproof things just in case.
Last year it snowed in mid march! Jeans and trousers should be fine unless you're going anywhere really posh.

Old Feb 25th, 1998, 07:44 AM
Carolyn

The weather could be hot or cold, rainy or sunny. I was there last year for the last two weeks of April. The first week it was so hot we had to wear shorts and t-shirts. Then the next week it was rainy and very cold (Both were in Northern Germany). Near the end of our stay it snowed in Southern Germany. So it depends on where you are going and the types of activities you intend on doing. Always bring rain gear and something warm. Clothes for warm weather are cheaper to buy than heavier things, so you can always buy a t-shirt or shorts if you need them. Also, I agree with the other post that jeans and casual stuff will be fine as long as you don't intend on going anywhere fancy. Have fun.

Old Feb 25th, 1998, 10:50 AM
Roxanne Nelson

I spent last April in Munich and Berlin. It was hot and sunny, rained, and also snowed. I was very glad I had a winter coat! April weather is Germany is very unpredictable, and you should definately take warm clothing and at least an umbrella. Otherwise you may need to purchase these items or be very miserable. Have fun!

Old Feb 25th, 1998, 10:52 AM
Roxanne Nelson

I spent last April in Munich and Berlin. It was hot and sunny, rained, and also snowed. I was very glad I had a winter coat! April weather is Germany is very unpredictable, and you should definately take warm clothing and at least an umbrella. Otherwise you may need to purchase these items or be very miserable. Have fun!