weather in France in September

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 05:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Assuming that the unseasonably hot weather will fade into normal temperatures next month, what can I expect to encounter in terms of temperature with the following itinerary--early September in Dordogne, mid-September in Paris, and the end of September in Strasbourg? Will I arrive in the heat and leave shivering?
Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 05:47 PM
vivaldi

Here's an educated guess: high 60's to low 70's during the day and low 60's to high 50's in the evening. Always a chance for rain, a cool spell or a late indian summer warm up.

Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 05:55 PM

Normally in the Dordogne in early September it would be more like 70s-80s during the day, dipping to 60s to 70s at night. It's usually warm enough to swim in the Dordogne (region generally AND river) until mid-October.
Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 08:56 PM

As someone who has travelled to France in September two of the last 3 years, I cannot imagine a better time to travel there. We have been as far north as Normandy and as far south as Nice. We have encountered no more than 2 days of rain in 17 days on both trips. Light jackets or sweaters are useful at night. One thing we do differently: we tend to start in the north and move to the south, heading into the warmer regions as it gets later in the month. Be prepared for some exceptions to the norm -- in early September 2000, we had high 80s temperatures in Paris -- but know that you could not have picked, in my opinion, a better time to travel.

Have a wonderful trip.

John H.
Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 09:01 PM

Agreed. You could not pick a better time to go. We travel to Europe frequently-always in late May-early June or September. Fewer tourists, lower rates, lots of available accomodation. You will have a wonderful time. The Dordogne is beautiful at that time of year. The weather typically ranges from the low seventies to the mid eighies