Reload this Page >

Weather in France in August?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 02:17 PM
Kathy

My husband and I will be visiting Paris and rural France in August. I know that no one can predict the weather with certainty, but generally speaking, what should I expect? Is France usually humid in summer?

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 05:29 PM
Fred

As you said, the weather really can't be predicted at all, but August has the best chance of having really hot weather. Then again, could be cool.....but that's Paris. For more Paris information e-mail me – [email protected]

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 05:38 PM
Kathy

Thanks, I can take HOT, but it is the humidity that kills me. I just returned from a few days in Washington, DC (high 80's-90 & hummid) where I was trying to do some sightseeing...I was very discouraged...it just wasn't fun! My husband & I are going to be in France for 3 weeks, plan to do a LOT of sightseeing and hope it is not so hot & humid!

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 07:10 PM
Sandy

We were in Paris a few years ago in August and the weather was absolutly perfect. I came upon a very helpful weather website that you might be interested in. You can look up the historical weather for any time of year and virtually any location. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...historical-htm.

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 05:58 AM
carol

Sorry Kathy, but since Paris is on a river, when it does get hot in August, it's also humid--not necessarily DC humid (which I think is about as bad as it gets)--but humid.

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 10:18 AM
Kathy

Thanks, all. One last question (as I prepare for my probably "hot" trip)...I know not to wear shorts, but what about sleeveless blouses or tops? Is having your arms hang out regarded as just as rude as having your legs hang out?!?!?

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 02:42 PM
Pat

Thanks Sandy but the Washington Post link no longer works. Does anyone have a web site for "historical weather"?

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 09:18 PM
Chris Philhower

Kathy <BR> <BR>Sleeveless is fine. French women go sleeveless all the time. <BR> <BR>It's not that legs hanging out are a no-no. Shorts really aren't "big" here. I'm seeing more this year than last, mostly on men though. Women seem to prefer skirts, dresses, capris, etc. for the summer. <BR> <BR>I think as long as you are well put together, even shorts are acceptable (if only at the bottom rung of the scale) -- they should be the length of walking shorts, and wearing them with a sleeveless top is just fine. Just don't wear jeans-shorts. Trust me (unless you're a MUCH stronger person than I). Giggles and amused stares are what you'll get if you don those. Been there, done that.

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 06:18 AM
Betty

Kathy, here's a site that gives info on average temperatures and other data for dozens of French cities. <BR> <BR>http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/c...p3?c=FR&refer=