Weather during October-December

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is the weather in Italy and France during the months of October to December? Must I bring heavy coats or jackets? Is it rainy season in those countries? I would appreciate any advice you can give me. Many thanks!
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 02:39 AM

www.weatherbase.com has historical high and low temps and precipitation data by city.
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 03:28 AM

we were just in Paris Nov 17-25 and it was cold. we had winter coats hats scarfs and gloves even long underware. but we were very comfortable and walked all day. Be prepared for anything. Scarfs are a must everyone wears them
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 03:44 AM

October to December in France and Italy? Could be anywhere between -10 to 25 celsius. It may snow, rain, or be sunny.
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 05:31 AM

Depends where in Italy & France ?

Both have very cold alpine regions, both have milder Med coastlines.

Peter

Old Dec 7th, 2005, 05:37 AM

There are so many variables....do check out Weatherbase that Rufus suggested.
Joschwin....I was in Paris 28th of October - 4th Nov.....a mini heat wave....the highs hoverd around 80.
Waialae things can change in hours.
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 09:38 AM

We are just back from Italy. We were there during the last two weeks of November. The first week we headed south from Milano. It got warmer. Quite nice down at the Almalfi coast, maybe 65-70F--- but breezy.
We headed north the second week and in Venezia we encountered bitterly cold temps and that breeze had become quite gusty. These temps were unusual though, according to Marco, who worked at our hotel.
In any event, Autumn weather is tricky. It can also be rainy, although we mostly lucked out in that area this year .
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 09:42 AM

>bitterly cold temps
slightly exaggerated ;-)
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 11:35 AM

I was in beautiful Rome in the second week of November for a few days. I couldn't have asked for better weather, and by that I mean that I got plenty of SUNSHINE, though it was quite cool (especially in the evenings.) I think the daytime temps were in the mid 50's and maybe some evenings were 40'ish (while a night or two may have dropped down a couple of notches due to a cold front)...not exactly t-shirt season, but I went prepared with sweaters, jacket, a scarf, and I was fine.
I kept checking the weather forecasts a few days prior to leaving and had a pretty good idea of what to expect. Overall, I had bright skies for my photographs and no rain while I walked all over to see the attractions. On my last night, it looked overcast and it may have rained the next day, but by then I was outta there! Hope that helps!
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 04:07 PM

Actually not exaggerated. The wind made for bitter cold temps. THAT was why we were told it was so unusual. We were there the 23rd,24th and 25th. By the last day it moderated and was warming some although since we were heading to switzerland we didn't really get any warmer. I was VERY glad we had a hotel within walking distance to warm up in. It was that cold.
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 04:31 PM
rex

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Guessing from your screen name, perhaps you are from Hawaii? or a Pacific location, where you have had little or no chance to understand the notion of seasons, as they exist in the Northern Hemisphere?

You will want a jacket, for any location in either country in October. And probably a true "winter coat" for December for most locations, at least half of the time - - and as others have said, altitude will influence the weather a great deal (just as it does in Hawaii). November, naturally, will spread between the two.

There is more rain in November and December in both countries, but it will not ressemble "rainy season" as it may be known at, or south of the equator. It's less about the frequency or quantity of rain, and more about cold blustery winds with the rain. You will want a outergarment that will serve as a rain coat AND a warm coat. If you're going to be traveling for six, eight weeks or more - - at this time of year - - personally, I would want a car, to deal with the kinds and quantities of clothes you will want. What kind of trip prompts you to ask the question? - - in 2006, obviously - - you have a lot of time to plan, and get advice here and all kinds of trip logistics, especially if you're inexperienced in traveling to Europe (outside of summer?)

Best wishes,

Rex