Paris:hotel Madison,Brighton,relais St Germain

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 1999, 12:37 PM
elaine

Paris:hotel Madison,Brighton,relais St Germain

any comments on the above? Thanks.

Old Jan 12th, 1999, 01:43 PM
elaine

<BR>Actually, I just did a search and found some previous postings on the Brighton. Can't seem to find much info on the Madison however, nor can I find it in my guidebooks. Still need help.

Old Jan 12th, 1999, 02:26 PM
Boots

<BR>Check www.paris.org <BR>You will find the Madison and the Relais there. I pass the Madison on the way to my hotel. It is on the Blvd. St.-Germain and quite large. I would think it a good choice if the price is right.

Old Jan 12th, 1999, 02:28 PM
Boots

<BR>P.S. When you check out paris.org, click on hotels in the 6th arrondissement where the Madison and Relais are.

Old Jan 13th, 1999, 04:06 AM
elaine

<BR>Thanks but I already went to that site. I was hoping for some comments from fodor-ites who know the place. <BR>elaine

Old Jan 13th, 1999, 05:27 PM
Marija

Elaine, <BR> <BR>We've stayed at the Relais St. Germain twice and found it to be well situated (though it is at a rather noisy intersection and you can't sleep with your windows open). The rooms are quite spacious and the bathrooms large and modern. The staff are very helpful and speak excellent English. The breakfasts are basic but good.

Old Jan 14th, 1999, 04:11 AM
elaine

Thank you so much for the information <BR>They just quoted me a price of 1600FF for a double. Pricey for such a small place. <BR>elaine <BR>

Old Jan 14th, 1999, 05:40 AM
Eileen

<BR>we just booked a room at the Hotel d'Aubusson - 1350 for std double - small 17th century bldg (50 or so rooms) in the Left Bank, St. Germain area. Looks wonderful so far ... but no personal experience in Paris yet!

Old Jan 14th, 1999, 10:53 AM
Christina

Haven't stayed in any but can only <BR> comment that I've heard and read <BR> good recommendations on the Madison <BR> and it has a very prime location right on <BR> bd St Germain right in the thick of things and <BR> looks nice from the outside. I've kind of <BR> wanted to stay there because I think Camus <BR> stayed in that hotel once for several months <BR>while writing a book and I like Camus. <BR>It also has A/C, I think, which is unusual and <BR> might be what you want if going in mid-summer. <BR>(Personally, I hate AC and don't use it in <BR>Paris). It does look right out on the blvd which <BR> could be noisy, though, I would <BR>guess, so you might want a back room if noise <BR> bothers you, or at least a room on the higher <BR> floors. In colder months might not be an issue <BR> if they have double-glazed windows. <BR>From what I've heard, this is a nice 3-star hotel, <BR>but not as "deluxe", or at least as expensive, <BR>as the rates you quote from some others. <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 14th, 1999, 11:52 AM
elaine

Thanks, but the Brighton informed me that in October 99 they will be closed for renovations, and the Madison is full, as is the Fleurie. The Relais S.G. can take me, but now I'm exploring some more. Now considering right bank Louvre-Montana where I've stayed before, or the Hotel des Tuileries. <BR>Thanks for the comments. <BR>