Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   WE'RE OFF OUR ROCKERS......and going to Rome! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/were-off-our-rockers-and-going-to-rome-511494/)

SeaUrchin Mar 11th, 2005 11:22 AM

WE'RE OFF OUR ROCKERS......and going to Rome!

Barb and I are leaving our rocking chairs at home and we're almost on our way. Leaving tomorrow!!

I have been spending the morning writing down gelato and pizza shops that are Fodorite recommended and some of the restaurants too. Any last minute recommendations or words of wisdom?

Thanks to all of you we are well prepared!

Barb Mar 11th, 2005 11:32 AM

Actually I have to endure a few more days before my departure on Tues. a.m. and I'm having a hard time containing my excitment and, as usual, the ole butterflies in the stomach. I heard the weather is warming up over there, yahoo.

SeaUrchin Mar 11th, 2005 11:42 AM

I know you are all thinking, so go already....but I just wanted to remind anyone in Rome about an informal GTG at 6:00 on the 19th at Bar San Calisto.

LoveItaly Mar 11th, 2005 12:21 PM

SeaUrchin and Barb, have a wonderful trip. I don't know how you cannot! It sounds like so much fun and in one the world's most wonderful cities!

Wishing you both easy flights, fun days and beautiful nights. And of course fantastic meals.

bookchick Mar 11th, 2005 12:28 PM

No words can adequately convey my jealousy. I merely have to content myself with the fact that in about two and a half months, I will be there.

Have fun you two and stay out of trouble! (Oops, forgot to whom I was writing!)

BC

Robdaddy Mar 11th, 2005 03:05 PM

Bookchick, lol about your remark, and I'm delighted that you will soon be returning to your beloved Roma.

SeaUrchin and Barb, travel safely and have a wonderful time...and if the weather doesn't warm up enough for you, a little Vin Santo ought to do the trick, with or without the biscotti.

Nutella Mar 11th, 2005 03:19 PM

Have a fabulous time and a safe trip!
Buon viaggio :)

Marianna Mar 11th, 2005 04:17 PM

SeaUrchin, I hope you and Barb have a fabulous time in Rome. I wish I could be there for the GTG, but I will be here in my little old hometown in MA, USA thinking of you in Rome.

Enjoy, take notes, and give us a report when you return.

kismetchimera Mar 11th, 2005 05:00 PM

Have fun Girls...I will be there also in two and half months..Going to have a GTG with our dear knowledgeable Honorary Roman Bookchick.

Lorac1127 Mar 11th, 2005 05:08 PM

I'm jealous as well. We hope to be back in Italy next year...another 12+ months to go! So I will have to live vicariously through your trip report when you return.

If I remember correctly, there is a fabulous gelato shop not too far from the Pantheon--Giolitti--and I remember having a fabulous tartuffo at Tre Scalini Restaurant in the Piazza Navona.

Have a wonderful, wonderful time.

Carol

massagediva Mar 11th, 2005 05:09 PM

O.K., I was going to post this a little further down in my trip report,but I found a wonderful restaurant in Trastevere. All Italians,elegant,wonderful food.Antica Pesa,Via Garibaldi 18. tel.06/58.09.236.

I had a GTG with Elaine ,Fodorite from California, and we had a great dinner at Ristorante Alle Fratte di Trastevere, a fun and friendly trattoria, Via delle Fratte di Trastevere 49. Have a wonderful trip.

dsm22 Mar 11th, 2005 05:25 PM

Have a wonderful trip!!! I am still dreaming about my first trip to Italy. I am hoping 2007......such a loooong time away! Enjoy and be safe.

ciao!

Marilyn Mar 11th, 2005 05:29 PM

Ah, have a great time you two! I sure wish I could come to the party! (Maybe another time...)

SeaUrchin Mar 11th, 2005 09:56 PM

Thanks everyone and cigalechanta on the other post too. We'll take good notes and if anything interesting happens we'll let you know. Cheers! Ciao!

mousireid Mar 12th, 2005 12:24 AM

We will be in Rome 13 - 16! Maybe see you there!

damama Mar 14th, 2005 09:52 AM

If this is for real, I will try to drag my CH to this. He will be the one who is dazed and confused.

SeaUrchin Mar 18th, 2005 05:20 AM

Hi everyone! We will be a little late to the soiree because we will be coming back from Amalfi, but we will be there! We hope to join you around 9:30, if the Bar San Calisto is not your scene (we apologize, we have peeked at it) we will meet you at Pizzeria San Calisto. Ciao for now,
Barb and Seaurchin and Seashell