My husband and I will be travelling through Amsterdam the end of September for a one night layover from Rome then on to Canada at 12 noon the next day..(we roughly have 23 hours!)
Having never been to Amsterdam, we are excited to do a little touring around!
We were wondering if it is more convenient to just stay at a hotel near the airport vs downtown...(suggestions?? no more than 250$/night please).
Please also if someone could tell us which train to catch to get downtown from the airport area as well as a few suggestions to see the "touristy" spots in Amsterdam. (thought I would love to do a canal tour-if so, do they need to be prebooked?)
Thank you to all in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 2 GTG Paris December 2017
- 3 Tips for first trip to UK
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 Where to stay in Naples?
- 6 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 9 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 10 10 days in europe
- 11 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 12 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 13 European honeymoon help needed
- 14 paris to london- day trip
- 15 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 16 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 17 land vs river cruise
- 18 Portugal
- 19 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 20 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 21 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 22 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 23 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 24 Browsing Barcelona
- 25 Spain December/ January 2018/19
We have 23 hours only in Amsterdam....hotels and location??