Reload this Page >

WARNING – DO NOT GO TO EUROPE

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 07:48 AM
Art

They speak very bad English <BR>They eat weird food. <BR>They dress funny. <BR>They think that they won WWII <BR>They have been fighting between themselves for centuries. <BR>You can’t drink the water. <BR>Some of them eat snails. <BR>Others eat raw meat. (cannibal background) <BR>They make countries out of states. <BR>They use monopoly money. <BR>They all live on really old houses. <BR>No running water <BR> <BR>Positives <BR>You can get anything for a chocolate bar or a pair of silk stockings. <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 08:08 AM
dan woodlief

That did it for me. I am never going again. Thanks Art.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 08:16 AM
Holly

Ha, ha Art! <BR>I have one for you: <BR>WARNING- DO NOT GO TO AMERICA: <BR> <BR>They speak very bad English, and NO OTHER LANGUAGE <BR> <BR>They don't eat food, they eat heart attacks in a bag. <BR> <BR>They think they're the saviors of the free world. <BR> <BR>Kids are shooting other students like it's the "in" thing to do. <BR> <BR>You don't WANT to drink some of THEIR water (I've seen some of the Lakes.) <BR> <BR>Some of them have to eat GARBAGE. <BR> <BR>Others eat nothing at all.(And not because they're fasting) <BR> <BR>They make States out of Countries. (Okay, I'm reaching here.) <BR> <BR>They use plain old green money (booo-ring) <BR> <BR>They demolish their really old buildings to make room for the new. . . <BR> <BR>And as for running water . . . well, okay, I can't come up with one for that. . . but you get the idea! <BR> <BR>Well, I feel better <BR>Now that we've got all those generalizations out of the way, can't we all just get along? <BR Cheers! <BR>Shelby <BR>

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 08:58 AM
mark

Very funny Art - you live in Europe currently, right? - are you trying to dissuade people from going so you don't have to wait so long on line for gelato? <BR> <BR>Shelby - you are so right about American money - it is the ugliest currency around, and talk about looking like monopoly money - and that green ink is like the color of tattoo ink - yuck.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 09:11 AM
Thyra

OK Mark fess up, what do you have against tatoo ink??? Hummmm???

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 09:18 AM
AC

<BR>OK <BR>Art you've convinced me to stay home <BR>BUT <BR>Holly has convinced me to leave! <BR>NOW WHAT!!!???

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 09:51 AM
mark

Thyra - the green color doesn't blend very well with a majority of skin colors I have seen. (Also, being somewhat of a modernist at heart - I think the body is beautiful as is without any additional decoration - tattoos, jewelry, silcone implants. piercings, etc. ) I have seen a few really beautiful, almost blue black tattoos. (once again, being someone who gets visually bored easily - i couldn't imagine being stuck with an image permamently imbedded in my dermis - or deluding myself in thinking that it makes a statement or is cool) Also - why do so many people who have tattoos think I'm interested in knowing the story behind it - reminds me of people who talk about politics - yawn.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 11:06 PM
Philip

In defense of the U.S. money, we have put out the $1 gold colored coin. You can't use it in any of the vending machines, but it is pretty.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 11:16 PM
John

ART SUFFERS FROM A SERIOUS PSYCHOSIS. <BR>IN EUROPE WE HAVE EFFICIENT MEDICINE TO MAKE HIM NORMAL AGAIN. SHOULD I SEND SOME???- OR DOES MEDICINE FROM EUROPE MAKE EVERYTHING WORSE???

Old May 1st, 2001, 12:30 PM
Toppy-Typpy

to the top

Old May 1st, 2001, 09:12 PM
3words

3 words: <BR>ex <BR>act <BR>ly

Old May 1st, 2001, 11:33 PM
Florence

Zese are all 'orrible vicious lies ! <BR> <BR>Ze water it is running all right, just see ze flooding everyvhere ! <BR> <BR>And ve 'ave our own chocolat and nylon stockings, ve don't need yours anymore ! <BR>

Old May 2nd, 2001, 12:01 AM
Ursula

I agree completely with Florence!

Old May 2nd, 2001, 04:57 AM
frank

Yes Ursula,chocolates & nylons are all very well, but is the beef safe in Switzerland? <BR>Poor Judy's trip hangs in the balance!

Old May 2nd, 2001, 05:24 AM
Florence

Frank, <BR>we're still trying to have the poor animal answer the survey ...

Old May 2nd, 2001, 05:40 AM
Tom

Note to Holly: <BR> <BR>We do not "think" we are the saviours of the free world...we ARE the saviours of the free world. <BR> <BR>No thanks neccessary, we do it because we know it's the right thing to do...freedom is Good!

Old May 2nd, 2001, 05:46 AM
carolyn

AC, you can use your millions to rocket into space. The Russian economy needs you.

Old May 2nd, 2001, 06:18 AM
AC

Carol: <BR>Will $20's do? LOL!

Old May 2nd, 2001, 09:49 AM
Biff

How much should I tip the American saviours?

Old May 2nd, 2001, 12:21 PM
Ursula

Frank hi! <BR>Well, how does that sound: <BR> <BR>1. Nobody will force anybody to EAT beef in Switzerland! <BR>2. We have other food than beef, too! <BR>3. Bring own snacks and food from the US! <BR>4. and last possibility: <BR>CANCEL the trip!! ;-) <BR> <BR>Do you agree with me (a tiny little bit)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -