Wanted: Restaurant with a view in Lisbon

Nov 30th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Wanted: Restaurant with a view in Lisbon

So, I have two more days in Lisbon. I have been mostly eating to live here, rather than living to eat (I refuse to count Bom Jardim's to-die-for chicken as eating to live, even though it is still quite remarkably cheap), having splurged in Evora. However, I would like to eat one really good lunch, preferably with a view (I can't see the view at night).

I ate kid and black pork in Evora, so this might should be fish, although I suspect that sardines are out of season. Shrimp would be good. I would prefer Portuguese, and am not interested in Italian.
Nov 30th, 2014, 01:47 PM

We didnt have a full meal, just drinks and apps which were good. Nice view
Tagide - http://www.restaurantetagide.com
Nov 30th, 2014, 02:03 PM

1. Go to Rossio Square and on the west side of the Square is a famous place called Nicola.

Sit at an outdoor table and admire in all directions.
This place was a favorite with Writers.

2. Go to the lovely Palace (Commercial) Square and visit Lisbon's oldest cafe, again a favorite with Writers.

the place is called "Martinho de Arcada and has views to Castle , St. Vincent Monastery and the whole Square and the Tagus River.
Nov 30th, 2014, 02:12 PM

Eleven ( en expensive restaurant.) is said to have a great view.... I only walked by it
I had a splendid meal at Bistro 100. Maneiras.....no view.
Nov 30th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! Keep the suggestions coming. (Checked out Nicola on TA yesterday, the reviews aren't great. I did my Rossio people watching with a cup of coffee at Suica.)
Dec 1st, 2014, 01:48 AM

We had a great meal at the Restaurante Casa do Leão in the castle. It has views over the city and the river and the food was excellent. We had lunch there on e day and returned the following evening for dinner, as it was so good.
Dec 1st, 2014, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

I (finally) went up to the castle and paid to actually go inside yesterday, so didn't want to do that again. Instead I opted for a different view entirely, at least for today. I went over to Oriente, which I had rather liked last time I was in Lisbon. There wasn't a combo of food and view in the big mall that appealed, so I strolled down the waterfront to the Myriad hotel. I ate a very good lunch inside, and then had coffee on the sheltered side of the outdoor deck. Great view of the very long bridge and of what surely counts as sea.

Lunch was from the menu, veal carpaccio and sea bass with wild mushrooms, with a glass of a nice Alentejo white wine, plus water and coffee, for 29 euros. Recommended.

Oriente, on the other hand, looked a bit more run down than the last time I was there. I didn't visit the Aquarium this time, but it's certainly an option if you head out there.
Dec 1st, 2014, 07:32 AM

I enjoyed Ibo, which serves mozambique food at the waterfront near Cais

http://www.ibo-restaurante.pt

http://www.golisbon.com/blog/2010/08...t-restaurants/
Dec 1st, 2014, 07:35 AM

Sorry, it should read "Cais do Sodre". And I should mention they serve wonderful seafood.
Dec 2nd, 2014, 03:49 AM

Sorry I missed this, you've left Lisbon by now. But my favorite restaurant for a good view is to take the ferry across the river to Cacilhas and then walk along the water (in direction of the Christ statute up on the hill), to a place called Ponto Final. If the weather is nice, it is just a terrific place to sit and watch the afternoon wane. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran..._Alentejo.html Maybe next time, thursdaysd
Dec 2nd, 2014, 09:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks lreynold! Actually I don't leave until tomorrow morning. Will be eating Bom Jardim chicken again for dinner! I did take the ferry across on one trip, but didn't know about the restaurant.

BTW, spent time in a house museum I hadn't visited before this afternoon - Casa-Museo Medeirose Almeida. Recommended.
Dec 2nd, 2014, 09:28 AM

Absolutely what lreynold says!

You can get a bus along to the Christ statue above the river, then take an elevator down to the river level, and walk along to your right until you come to Ponto Final. Also, just past Ponto Final is another little restaurant with its own tiny beach, and this is another great spot for lunch, looking back across to Lisbon.