Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Wanted: Paris dinner guide (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/wanted-paris-dinner-guide-504040/)

parisemail Feb 15th, 2005 07:52 AM

Wanted: Paris dinner guide

My cousin and I will be in Paris the first week of March. We would like to learn as much about the culture as possible. We LOVE to eat and go out often in Chicago.

I would love it if we could meet up with a "guide" for a long dinner or lunch. We would purchase your meal in exchange for a "tour" of French dining. I'm not sure exactly what we are looking for, just someone who can give us more info on courses, when to have wine, when to have cheese, things that go well together etc.

Let me know if you are interested.

[email protected]

StCirq Feb 15th, 2005 07:58 AM

Maybe this would interest you?

Award Winning Chef Christian Constant Premiers Cooking Class!

Christian Constant, winner of a coveted Michelin star, will host a demonstration cooking class at his famous restaurant Le Violon d’Ingres on Monday, March 7. Learn the secrets of preparing delicious dishes for entertaining friends and family. Chef Constant will limit attendance to twelve students to give everyone maximum visibility and interaction. Attendees will come away with recipes for preparing a mouth watering, elegant meal that is deceptively easy to prepare. Importantly, you will come away with excellent cooking tips from the master who has trained many of the renowned chefs in France. M. Constant’s star has been rising for many years, as the Executive chef for four years at Le Crillon’s 2-star Les Ambassadeurs, as head chef at The Ritz for 8 years and Ledoyen for 5 years.

The menu will consist of starter, main course and dessert that are bound to impress friends, but that utilize simple techniques so that they can be prepared by time-constrained and less experienced cooks. The class will enjoy a tasting of the dishes with wine after class.

Enrollment is on a first come, first served basis so sign up now.

Date: Monday March 7, 2005
Time: 9:30 to 14:30
135 rue St. Dominique, Paris 75007
Price: € 185
Metro: Ecole Militaire or Pont de l’Alma

Reservations: [email protected]
Questions: [email protected]

Underhill Feb 15th, 2005 08:05 AM

try posting your message also on the bonjourparis.com web site; a number of the regulars there live in paris and might be interested in your offer--and up on good restaurants as well.

parisemail Feb 15th, 2005 08:15 AM

Thanks...I have already posted on bonjourparis...love that site too!

elaine Feb 15th, 2005 08:36 AM

hi
fyi, Patricia Wells, well--known and respected American-born expert on food in France, has a book called
"Food Lover's Guide to Paris"

She takes the mystery out of fine dining.
Amazon carries the book.

bardo1 Feb 15th, 2005 09:19 AM

I won't be in Paris this March, but I can't believe no one has jumped at this.

evanolan Feb 18th, 2005 07:54 AM

We stayed in a ParisPerfect apartment and they had a guide they recommended who was great--Michael. His web address is www.geocities.com/parisfinder; we used him for touring, but I would think he could definitely help you out. We loved our day with him, and he only charged 75 Euros.

Madison Feb 18th, 2005 09:34 AM

Parisemail - Beatchick lovingly put together a wonderful Paris food guide and shared it with all of us. I'm sure she would email you a copy as well.

evanolan Feb 18th, 2005 11:55 PM

Madison, how do I reach her?