Reload this Page >

Wanted Info on cog Train on Mt. Pilatus in Alps

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 1998, 02:41 PM
Nora

Am taking a tour in Europe .Option to take train up Mt. Pilatus.. Is it wortht he cost? Is there any shopping for hummels at the gift are?

Old Feb 15th, 1998, 03:29 PM
Peg

Nora the trip to Mt pilatus is excellent, not to be missed, and easy to do on your own steam. Start at Lucerne, take a lake steamer to Alpnachstad, the cog railway up Mt Pilatus,the cable car down to Kriens and the bus back to Lucerne. The total cost of this jaunt is about Sfr90. enjoy, Peg.

Old Feb 26th, 1998, 07:20 PM
Sandra Engley

Also did this independently from Lucerne. This was the Highlight of my first trip to Switzerland and inspired me to return several times. The trian ride, the cog railway, the cable car ride, the ferry are all part of travel in Switzerland and not to be missed. If you have the opportunity for ann excursion from Interlake, the ride to Laturbrunnen to catch the cog railway to Wengen, to catch the long cable car ride to the revolving restaurant on top of Mt. Schiltorn is well worth the adventure . You may remember this mountain form the old James Bond film: On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Old Feb 28th, 1998, 01:14 PM
Jorge

For a really thrilling cog-wheel train ride try going up the Junfrau from Interlaken.

Old Mar 9th, 1998, 03:14 PM
Rick

Mt Pilatus is spectacular. Don't miss it.