Reload this Page >

Want to hire a driver for Naples, Sorrento, and Amalifi coast

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 02:33 PM
mary&richard

Would very much appreciate any leads on a driver operating out of Naples..we will be there from Oct 2-7 and want to make several day trips to Pompei, Ravello, POsitano, etc. Thanks.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 03:36 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Try www.tourofitaly.com

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 03:38 PM
Terri

Hi,<BR><BR>Just to let you know I have the ideal driver in that region. I will look up his card and e mail you soon. The driver we hired was by accident as we came by train from Rome to Naples. They are waiting outside the train station. The cars are new white Mersades Benz. You can negotiate for the day and the driver will take you everywhere. It was well worth our money (there were 4 of us) and when we left him (after four days of driving us all over) we had hugs, kisses and pictures taken of us. That was how great he was. I promised him I would give his name to anyone I knew traveling that area and here is my opportunity to do so. If you e mail me I will look up his card and give you his name and telephone number. Oh, we went to all the same places you mention.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 03:57 PM
Terri

Here is the name and address of our driver in the Amalfi Coast:<BR>Gaetano Casa<BR>Cell Phone #03386958814<BR>Fax: 0818081974.<BR>He is the best.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 07:32 PM
kam

Our driver's name was Antonnio Cinque, a common name, but he was hired from the San Pietro Hotel in Positano. He picked us up in Rome at our hotel and drove us via Pompeii and Herculaneum in his Mercedes station wagon. While we were touring, he was watching over the luggage and bottom line, he was a very charming fellow and fun to spend the day with.

Old Sep 28th, 2002, 01:01 PM
Wendy

Giovanni and Giancarlo Gargiuli ( father and son team based in Sorrento)<BR>Both men speak excellent English and drive air conditioned Mercedes. We had a wonderful time with them last summer, and have sent many friends their way, all of whom have come back raving about the great time they had with these two.<BR>They can be reached on their cells at:<BR>Giovanni:3387306575<BR>Giancarlo:3335226029 <BR>or, through e-mail at:[email protected]<BR><BR>I actually found the Gargiulos through recommendations on this board, about two years ago. Have a great time!~

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 08:42 AM
Traveler

I'll be in Sorrento October 13-17 and was wondering if you could give me an idea of the cost of having a driver for a day? Probably travel down Amalfi coast. Thanks.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 11:40 AM
David

how much is the cost of a private driver per day? including the gratuity...

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:16 AM
Steve James

Traveller & David - Cost depends on whether you choose just local excursions (Positano/Amalfi/Ravello/Pompei) or longer trips - e.g. Paestum, Caserta, Naples ...<BR><BR>A rough guide for 'local' trips is approx. EURO 30-35 per hour.<BR><BR>Longer trips may be at a higher rate.<BR><BR>Gratuity is at your discretion.<BR><BR>Hope this helps ...<BR><BR>Steve<BR><BR>