Notices

Walking in the Cotswolds

Nov 16th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

Walking in the Cotswolds

We are strongly considering an independent walking tour of the Cotswolds, where a touring company provides luggage transfers and books accommodations. We (my wife and I0 have found several companies providing such services. Examples include Contours, Cotswold Walking Company and Cotswoldwalks. Has anyone had experience with these, or other companies? Does anyone have a recommendation. All input is welcome.
Nov 16th, 2012, 06:35 PM

The Cotswolds is a great place for a self-guided walking tour. We did our first European walking trip there in 2003, using Cotswolds Walks. http://www.cotswoldwalks.com/ We did their "Cotswolds Ring" walk. We've since done six other walks in Europe (three in France, Switzerland, and Ireland), most of those through Sherpa Tours, another British company.

Cotswolds Walks is now under new management, but we've been talking with them about supporting a walk this summer on the Cotswolds Way. I've gotten very prompt feedback and they are very open to customizing one of their standard walks. One benefit is that the owners are right there in the Cotswolds... not a company based elsewhere.

Kathy
Nov 25th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your reply Cathy, has anyone else had an experience with one of the companies?
Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:02 PM
Original Poster

Hi Kathy,

Are you the same Kathy Wood with whon I corresponded regarding a trip to Provence a few years ago? If so, thank you for outstanding advice.

Search this Thread