Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone stayed in Number 11 B & B (also called Artists House)?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Unn

Has anyone stayed here? I've been trying to find a hotel in Brugge and this B & B looks so nice on the web page, however, I don't think it has air. We've never stayed in a
B & B before. I've also gotten an e-mail from the Hotel Tuilerieen, which looks very elegant. Stuffy????? I'm trying to decide as this is the last city I need to book for. Thank you all once again!

Old Jul 30th, 2004, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi. I love B&Bs in America. I've never stayed in one in Europe but was considering it during my upcoming trip. My husband was skeptical to staying in one in Europe so I bagged an idea of B&B and headed for hotels.com where I got some really good deals on Belgium hotels that are 3 and 4 stars. The ones I've booked have AC. After listening to all those French people dying last year due to extreme heat & no AC, I decided it is a necessity when going to Europe in the summer.
Also, my German friend told me they can be dicey in Europe so I was to beware if I decided to stay at one.
Ultimately, I did not take the chance. Hope your trip is awesome!
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 04:27 PM

No. 11 is quite well known and recommended by Fodorites. I believe you can do a search on this board for people's comments.
You didn't mention when you are going to Bruges, but air is seldom needed in Belgium, especially in late August/early September. Hope this helps.
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 04:45 PM

I read a very good review of it on the Rick Steves message board (for outstanding B&Bs) I wanted to copy and paste for you, but now I can't find it. (Sorry) - But it was a very good review.

I was doing research for my own trip to Brugge. In case you are interested, I am staying here. (Looks perfect for me!)
http://www.bedandbreakfastbruges.com/
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 11:19 PM

Number 11 is an excellent place to stay. Very pretty. Not stuffy.
P.S., USbeauty, we're in the middle of a mini heat wave here and I wouldn't say no to some air conditioning!