Search

Walking from Les Cars Air France stop to train platform at Montparnasse

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walking from Les Cars Air France stop to train platform at Montparnasse

Hello,

I'm taking Les Cars Air France from CDG airport to Gare Montparnasse. How long does it take to walk from the bus stop to the platforms inside the train station? I plan to take the SNCF train to Chartres and want to make sure I give myself enough time.

Thanks!

John
Old May 11th, 2013, 08:51 PM

<i>Walking from Les Cars Air France stop to train platform at Montparnasse
Posted by: jaykay on May 11, 13 at 11:07pm
I'm taking Les Cars Air France from CDG airport to Gare Montparnasse. How long does it take to walk from the bus stop to the platforms inside the train station?</i>

The bus stops at the curb outside the station. It will take 5 to 10 minutes to get to any platform.

Maybe you should ask how long it will take for the bus to go from CDG to Gare Montparnasse? Maybe you should also ask how long you will stand in line waiting to buy your train ticket once you get inside the gare? These are totally indeterminate.
Old May 12th, 2013, 03:58 AM

Here is a photo tour from a useful blog http://parisbytrain.com/gare-montparnasse-photo-tour/
Old May 12th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Spaarne! That is helpful. It's good to know that it could take as little as 5 to 10 minutes to walk to a platform.

I have heard it will take at least 1 hour 15 to get from CDG to Gare Montparnasse. Hoping to save some time, I have already purchased my ticket ... I do wonder how long it will take to get access to a ticket machine to print that ticket!

I have a sense for the minimums now, have no idea about the potential maximums...
Old May 12th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Southam, that photo tour was very helpful.
Old May 12th, 2013, 12:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The time it takes that bus to get to the RR station totally depends on traffic which depends on time of day and day of the week.

The Gare Montparnasse is HUGE
Old May 12th, 2013, 12:41 PM

To get your ticket from a machine in the station, you will need to insert the credit card you used for the purchase. If that cc doesn't have a chip, the machine will not accept it and you will have to go to the ticket window anyway. Don't forget to stamp/composter your ticket before boarding the train.

There's really no way to know how much time your trip in from the airport will take, or how long it will take to get your ticket. The good news is that there is a train to Chartres approx every hour.