Walk-up fares for intra-Europe flights?

Apr 26th, 2002, 07:03 AM
Tom

Walk-up fares for intra-Europe flights?

Is the pricing system for last-minute fares for intra-Europe flights comparable to he pricing system for last-minute fares on the US carriers? (that is, the later you book, the more money you pay). Thanks for any and all info.

Apr 26th, 2002, 07:07 AM
Gauloises

Yes, it is. And flights within Europe are more expensive than flights within the US. If I were you, I would consider getting a European air pass.

Apr 26th, 2002, 07:42 AM
Debbie

Can americans get a European air pass and do you have a website with info on what cities it covers?

Apr 26th, 2002, 07:46 AM
firas

Never heard of a European Air Pass, could you tell more about it?

Apr 26th, 2002, 10:14 AM
Rex

There are several types of "pass" deals for air travel. There are probably a number that I actually have NOT heard of, and at least two seem to be cusspended at present (permanently? temporarily?)

The website www.europebyair.com used to have two different passes - - but no longer - - something like 15 days for $699 and 25 days for $899, maybe. I might have the details substantially wrong. It is not shown there now, so I suupose that it might be moot.

British Midland had a different promotional deal - - not really a pass - - but a one (actually two) price(s) would apply to a large series of routes. I think this required purchase before traveling to europe. But it seems that this program is being ended May 31, 2002. It may be that similar fares are going to exist for anyone, anytime (with sufficient advanced purchase and other restrictions, perhaps).

And a number of airlines based in Europe have (at times, or have had) deals on some many segments at such-and-such (deeply discounted) fixed price (on a "space-available" basis only?) - - but only for their passengers who booked a trans-atlantic (or other interncontinental?) flight on THEIR airline. I think that such deals (have?) exist(ed) for BA, AF and Lufthansa? but not sure at present. And less certain for KLM, SAS, Iberia, Alitalia, Swiss, etc.

As to the question in the header (and original post), I think that the answer is yes, generally, the same overall principle applies: walk-up fares are the highest priced.

Best wishes,

Rex

Search this Thread