My mother will be travelling alone to meet us in Venice and she is a bit nervous. She'll be arriving on a Delta flight from New York so I know her flight crew will speak English. I also know from a google search that signs in the Venice airport are in English and that many or most airport personnel speak English. That being said, I think my mother would be nervous travelling alone within the US or to another English speaking country.
Can you walk me through what happens when you arrive? I will be waiting for her in the arrivals hall (I'm not terribly worried about myself, but if you have any advice for me on where to wait or how to find her, I'm all ears!) We are not arriving in Venice by plane so I won't be familiar with the airport, but I should be able to figure things out. What will she have to do before she gets to me?
I don't travel internationally often, but from what I remember from my last (Caribbean) trip, you go through immigration, then get your bags, then customs. Then I should be able to meet her, correct?
I might give her notes on what the translations are for these things. Google translates says:
customs - dogana
immigration - immigrazione
baggage claim - ritiro bagagli
bathroom - bagno
Somehow I feel like these are not right! Please feel free to correct me.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 2 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 3 Personalized Christmas Gift Ideas
- 4 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 5 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 6 Drivers license when renting a scooter on Tenerife
- 7 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 8 10 Days in Austria
- 9 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 12 Greece in end October
- 13 Champagne Tours
- 14 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 15 GTG Paris December 2017
- 16 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 17 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 18 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 19 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 20 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 21 Le Marche Research Help
- 22 Help with Venice Trip?
- 23 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 24 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 25 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017