My husband and I are planning a 3 week trip to Wales. This will happen next Spring so we have some time to plan. Will probably fly into Manchester and rent a car. We have been to Britain before: 2 trips to Scotland and one to York/Yorkshire.
We would like to focus on the country's natural beauty and castles.We would also like to visit Warwick Castle and Bleinheim Palace. Should we travel seeing the English highlights first (the two palaces) or go through Wales first and visit them last. Any lovely drives/locales that should not be missed? What routes are particularly gorgeous and have incredible visual impact? What recommendations do seasoned British travelers have that would help us have a great trip? Are there English stately homes that are near the palaces that can't be missed?
We are in the initial stages so are very open to idea and suggestions.
Thanks for all of your expert advice in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 New Years in France
- 2 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 3 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 4 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 5 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 6 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 7 Which Aran Island??
- 8 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 9 Trains - website?
- 10 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 11 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 12 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 13 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 14 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 15 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 16 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 17 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 18 Rome Hotel
- 19 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 20 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 21 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 22 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 23 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 24 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 25 Looking for B&B Recommendations Killarney Ireland