Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

VRBO #61185 rue de Beaune, Paris - has anyone stayed here?

Apr 20th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Original Poster

Calling all Paris Fodorites: has anyone stayed in this apartment? We are considering this one and would like some input from those in the know. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, E.J.
Apr 20th, 2006, 05:00 PM

I have not stayed in that apartment, but we did just say at another on that same street. It's a lovely, safe neighborhood and is an easy walk to The Louvre and metro. I would say go for it...
Apr 20th, 2006, 05:53 PM

Yes ----We just stayed in this apartment from 3/21/06 to 3/27/06!!!

It is as lovely as its pictures, and the owner (Lisa) is amazingly helpful!!

This was our second apartment rental in Paris. (The preceding was for a trip in November'05 and for that trip we rented through Vacations in Paris.)

If we were to return anytime soon---I would not hesitate to rent the apartment on Rue Beaune again.

The apartment is very well-appointed, with some fine touches, up-scale furniture and paintings, top-of the line bedding and linens, custom draperies. The kitchen had all the usual appliances, plus a separate clothes washer and dryer.

As soon as you enter the hallway off the street, you know you are in a building that is extremely well cared for---marble floor, frescoed walls, freshly veneered circular staircase, and an elevator.

The apartment was spotless. The kitchen and bath were stocked with all necessary paper products, along with many "extra" niceties that we did not find at the previous apartment rental---which was the same price per day.

The neighborhood is wonderful---two small grocery stores, a boulangerie, patisserie, gourmet deli, several bars/restaurants and numerous, wonderful antique shops---all within a block of the apartment.

The neighborhood is safe and very convenient. You are two blocks from the Seine, and directly across the river from the Louvre.

For transportation, you have a choice of the Rue de Bac metro stop (2 blocks), or the RER C stop at the Musee d'Orsay (about 4 blocks). There are also numerous bus routes along the Blvd. St. Germain des Pres (a two block walk away).

Loved the apartment!! If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me.
([email protected])

Apr 20th, 2006, 05:57 PM

Oooh elsiejune, I love that apt! Take it!
Apr 20th, 2006, 06:51 PM

Love the apartment!! Plan a trip to Paris next year. Not to be picky-picky, but I did not notice if ac is included. I was there in 2003, the summer from Hell. So, that is why I am asking. If not ac, then fans? Thanks bunches.
Apr 20th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Neopolitan

travlintoes, you hit my point exactly. I had looked at this apartment but vetoed it due to lack of AC and we'll be there in July. For over $250 a night, I'd want air. It would be fine if not in the summer.

Apr 21st, 2006, 04:26 AM

If your travel plans are for the summer months, I would probably also be concerned about the apartment's lack of air conditioning.

I did see two fans in the bedroom closet---but there is no "installed" air conditioning.

We have stayed in Paris hotels that had used portable " evaporation cooler" units in their rooms during the summer months.

It might be worth e-mailing the owner to find out "what arrangements are made for the summer months to cool down the apartment".
Apr 21st, 2006, 04:36 AM

Yes, if AC (or the lack thereof) isn't a problem, it looks like a good choice. Excellent neighborhood and the apt is quite attractive, with no whiff of Ikea (I have nothing against Ikea, but I don't want it when paying $250 a night.)
Apr 21st, 2006, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your input. After Georgine's ringing endorsement, I wouldn't hesitate to rent this flat. As far as AC is concerned, you are certainly right and this is why we shy away from Paris in the full heat of the summer. First of all, apts. with AC can be hard/expensive to find, and European AC is never as cold as in the states. That said, this flat looks like a beautiful spot to spend a week. And Scarlett, I hope we'll be able to do so. 8-)
Apr 21st, 2006, 04:31 PM

elsiejune---Sounds like you travel in cooler months. Definitely smart if your schedule allows it. With that in mind, this apt is quite a catch. Have a great visit--wish I could go this year too!!
Apr 21st, 2006, 05:25 PM

Am I the only one who cannot find #61185 pn the VRBO site?
Apr 21st, 2006, 05:32 PM

wasn't a problem for me;maybe it was a fluke! Just give it another try-
Apr 21st, 2006, 05:59 PM
Neopolitan

just enter www.vrbo.com/61185
do not use th # sign if you were.

Apr 22nd, 2006, 10:43 AM

That did the trick . . Thanks