Vote the best hotel in Positano and why

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 06:42 AM
daisy

Vote the best hotel in Positano and why

Please suggest which is the best hotel in Positano. I have learnt many good hotels from this Fodor:

Villa Rosa
Villa Franca
Cosa Albertina
Hotel Miramare
Le Agavi
Le Sirenuse
Buca di bacco
Palazzo Murat
Hotel Marincanto
Cov di saraceni
San Pietro
or others

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 07:39 AM
meg

Have only stayed in Buca di Bacco so not able to compare. Pleasant staff, clean if somewhat small room, excellent seafood restaurant, good location

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 03:02 PM
jc

Sirenuse and Il San Pietro, hands down.
Murat is overpriced and overated.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 05:58 PM
Tess

Your hotel list includes several different price points. I very much enjoyed my stay at the Villa Rosa and believes it's a good value; however it's definitely not in the same league as Le Sirenuse or San Pietro. Both of these are considered 5-star places versus the VR, a 3-star accommadation. If money was no object, I'd choose between Le Sirenuse or San Pietro, and because I've sat & had drinks in Le Sirenuse overlooking the bay (oh, so very lovely) I'd be more inclined to stay there.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 09:04 AM
Celine

Spent the last four nights of our honeymoon to Italy at the Villa Franca and absolutely loved it (July 2001). Had the best room in the house (no. 45, I think). Hotel is beautiful, food was great and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Cannot wait to return--next time we're going to spend a week there. The hotel also has a wonderful, yet small, roof-top pool with snack bar and the most amazing 360 view!

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 11:36 AM
Wendy

I'll cast my vote for a hotel that's not on your list- the four star Hotel Poseidon. We had a jr. suite there which was quite spacious, but the view from our terrace ( and eating breakfast there each morning) was what captivated us. Too, the hotel staff treated us like returning members of their long lost family, and because the hotel was so small, we had excellent service. I only hope to get back there - SOON!

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Brian

Agreed that Le Sirenuse and II San Pietro are likely the best with the most accomidations and service. Both are in gorgeous locations. We stayed at Villa Franca and for the price was fantastic. Great views atop a hill with excellent rooftop pool, private terraces on rooms. Ask Andrew at the bar for a special Positano drink with blood orange juice, Campari and something else magical!!

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Grinisa

I stayed at the Sirenuse twice and San Pietro once. Would not go back to stay at the San Pietro, although drinks on that terrace at sunset are the stuff dreams are made of. The Sirenuse is sublime in every way. It's the best hotel in Positano if not Italy.

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 02:59 PM
Kay

I have stayed at Le Sirenuse twice and San Pietro once. I much prefer Le Sirenuse. I have heard that many enjoy the Villa Rosa for a more moderate price