We, myself, my DH, son and his fiance, are in Lauterbrunnen at the moment and I have a question regarding visitors to this area. I am hesitant to post because I do not want anyone to think I am racist, because I am far from it, but I am curious.
Last time we visited the Berner Oberland, in August 2009, there was a mix of different nationalities visiting the area. This time there is an abundance of Indian families visiting the area. My husband, son and I estimate that there are approximately 50 Indian visitors for every one non-Indian visitor. And that is not an exaggeration. I feel as though I am visiting India at the moment. At the Jungfrau yesterday there is even a brand new Bollywood restaurant.
It's just a curious observation and all of us wondered if anyone has an idea as to why this area has so many Indian visitors right now: is it vacation time in India right now? Is the exchange rate phenomenal? But why this area in particular? We were in Rome and Venice last week and just saw a lot of different nationalities everywhere we went.
By, the way, the wildflowers are gorgeous right now and the waterfalls are unbelievable...just beautiful. Off to Austria tomorrow.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 2 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 3 Christmas Markets 2017
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 6 Le Marche Research Help
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 land vs river cruise
- 9 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 10 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 11 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 12 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 13 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 14 Tips for first trip to UK
- 15 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 16 paris to london- day trip
- 17 10 days in europe
- 18 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 19 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 GTG Paris December 2017
- 22 Where to stay in Naples?
- 23 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 24 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 25 European honeymoon help needed