My husband and I (from Kentucky, USA) are beginning to plan our 10 year Wedding Anniversary trip and we are wanting to visit the UK (2 weeks). We won't be going until 2016 (month is still debatable based on your all's feedback). I know we have some time to plan, but it's important to me to plan ahead for a trip like this. We will both be 32 years old by the time we travel.
My husband really wants us to hit all 4 countries (England, Wales, Scotland, & Ireland); however, I have been reading some other posts and I'm gathering that 2 weeks is not a realistic amount of time to do so. I have been to London, but that was back in 2002 during the Queen's Jubilee, so of course it was crazy with tourists and there was so much going on, that a lot of it is a blur to me.
With all that said, could anyone give their best idea of an itinerary? I think Wales would be an option to take off if neeed to. In England, my main places to see are London and Newbury to visit Highchlere Castle. We are both Irish and would love to see Ireland as well.
1)Best time of year (for both weather and cost effective)
2) Towns/Cities and Sights to see that you think would be great to visit and keeping our time frame in mind with travel, etc.
We both love history, eating, drinking beer, and just seeing what all these places have to offer.
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 2 Current plan for March trip
- 3 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 4 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 5 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 6 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 7 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 8 Dublin for St. Patricks Day
- 9 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 10 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 11 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 12 beware of robbed in Milan
- 13 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 14 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 15 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 16 First time in Spain
- 17 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 18 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 19 Once upon a time in Italy
- 20 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 21 GTG Paris December 2017
- 22 Paris November 2017
- 23 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 24 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 25 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help