Looking for some advice about whether to experience or avoid Nimes this May. We will be spending one night each in Arles and Avignon before picking up a rental car and spending a week in the Luberon. We had originally been excited to find out that the Pentecost festival was taking place in Nimes and were going to devote a day to going and experiencing it, but now I am thinking it might be best to avoid the headaches (long drive from the gite, parking, crowds, closed attractions) and expenses. The Feria is a large celebration of Pentecost spread out over several days and includes running of the bulls, bullfights, music, dancing, Spanish food, street attractions, etc. and attracts a large crowd of mainly French and Spanish visitors I think. Has anyone else been to any of the festivals in Nimes (there is also one every Sept.)? We are having a very hard time finding out much information on the event or any reviews or advice.
Also any advice on how redundant Nimes would be with Arles (and possibly Orange) as far as Roman architecture goes?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YANDEX 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Travel chat and reflections
- 3 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 4 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 5 Best Gift For Valentines To a Boyfriend
- 6 The World's Greatest Churches
- 7 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 8 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 9 Advise Needed
- 10 naturalfitnesspoint.com/hair-bloom/
- 11 South of France
- 12 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 13 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 14 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 15 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 16 Amsterdam at End of Year - Tickets for Museums
- 17 10 days in europe
- 18 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 19 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 land vs river cruise
- 22 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 23 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 24 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 25 Scotland ideas