I'm heading to Edinburgh very soon on a one week business trip. I'm renting a car while there, I've already been to Edinburgh four or five times so I've already seen the city (Castle, Hollyrood, Royal Mile, catacombs, etc...). In the past I also got to see the area where Braveheart was filmed with the comical statue of Mel Gibson.
Now I'm thinking of taking a day trip as I get there on Sunday. Could I have some suggestions of places to occupy a full Sunday that are within a couple hours drive of Edinburgh. I'm thinking St. Andrews, but that won't take the day, so maybe someplace that has St. Andrews on its way.
Also, what's the weather like in mid April? It's warm and sunny in Texas where I'm from and the forecasts seem to predict cold and rainy next week in Edinburgh. Will I get any sun at all? What kind of clothing should I be wearing?
Advice is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVG @ renewal Installation CONTACT ☎18006817208 Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 3 GTG Paris December 2017
- 4 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 5 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 6 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 7 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 8 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 9 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 10 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 11 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 12 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 13 Paris Apartment
- 14 Visit to France
- 15 Barcelona to Malaga
- 16 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 17 Trains - website?
- 18 Which Area in London?
- 19 First time in Spain
- 20 family trip to Germany and more
- 21 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 22 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 23 Packing Champagne
- 24 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 25 Milan airport--which one
Visiting Edinburgh on one week business trip, weekend day trip suggestions