I have a question regarding work/tourist visa to the Shengan area and I'd appreciate if someone can help. I am Canadian national currently living/working in Belgium. I have a work visa / resident card in Belgium for a year (2014) and they are going to expire at the end of January 2015. At the same time, I have a potential job offer in Copenhagan of which I will only get notification around Jan 15th, 2015. Say if I don't get the job offer, I will fly back to Canada before end of January, that's no problem. But if I do get the job offer (the company supports visa application, but the process might last for longer than 2 weeks and there is no guarantee that I can get the new work visa before the current one ends), what should I do? Am I required to leave Shengan area and wait until I get the new visa before coming back again? Since flight back to Canada is quite expensive, I want to avoid it if possible. I know that Canadians are allowed 90 days of stay as a tourist without a visa, but am I required to re-land at the border as a tourist and get a new stamp somehow? Or is it ok to continue staying in Belgium as long as I sent the new work visa application?
If anyone has some experience on this, please give some advice. Many thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which Area in London?
- 2 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 3 Milan airport--which one
- 4 Trains - website?
- 5 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 6 two days in Nice
- 7 Visit to France
- 8 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 9 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 10 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 11 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 12 Barcelona to Malaga
- 13 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 14 First time in Spain
- 15 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 16 Paris Apartment
- 17 New fast track
- 18 Packing Champagne
- 19 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 20 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 21 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 22 Once upon a time in Italy
- 23 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 24 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 25 Christmas in Granada....food!