Reload this Page >

Renting a villa/farmhouse in Provence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 06:56 AM
j

Hi. I'm planning a trip for 8 friends and need advice on renting a place for a week in Provence in late September 01. Would like to stay near villages with markets. I love to cook. Thank you.

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 09:12 AM
PB

You're kind of late for finding a rental easily for this season... but you should try contacting the websites of various villages - many offer listings (rated) of properties for rent, with descriptions, etc.<BR><BR>BTW - a 'villa' in France is considered a new house. If you prefer old, look at listings describing the house as a "mas" , "bastide" or "bergerie" <BR>here's the site for the village I live in - I know they have a lot of nice rentals. There are markets in this area every day of the week but Monday.<BR><BR>http://www.maussane.com<BR><BR>Here's the one for St. Remy de Provence as well.<BR>http://www.saintremy-de-provence.com<BR><BR>Happy hunting, and if I can offer anything else, just let me know.<BR>PBProvence<BR>

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 11:10 AM
fleur

Consider a Gite, a rental home of varying size and amenities by the week usually in the country or in small villages, we are staying in two different ones during May, one is in La Barben, Bouches-du-Rhone, Provence their website is www.visitprovence.com, some in the office speak English, their phone number is 04 90 59 49 39 or fax 04 90 59 16 75 Have a great time.

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 02:47 PM
Greg

I have posted this before and you may have already done a search, but just in case, we have a village house in Beaumes de Venise, in the Vaucluse, which we rent. Our website is http://www.ozramp.net.au/~gyeaman

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 04:43 PM
Rex

Hi "j"<BR><BR>I don't think you're too late to find SOMEthing - - and I don't mean the bottom of the barrel. You might be late to have your pick of EVERYthing in a given market, but there are still many. many wonderful choices.<BR><BR>I can recommend www.francevillas.com without hesitation, and when I went there and did a search on Provence - - eight people or more (I specified 5 bedrooms, maybe you need more or fewer) - - for the week starting Saturday, Sep 22 has 17 pages of choices (5 listings to the "page").<BR><BR>This website seems to be somewhat "stronger" on the Var and core d'Azur than it is for "western Provence". I'm sure that you can find "villages with markets" east or west - - but the "quaint" villages of the uplands north of the Cote d'Azur involves more mountainous terrain and more "you-can't-get-there-from-here" twist-y turn-y roads to get from point A to point B. Moreover, of these 17 pages of listings, they have stretched the boundaries a bit including a place as far west as Mercues in "Provence" (it's just flat out wrong to say that Mercues is in Provence). In fact, the further I look through this list, I see that it is not confined to Provence at all - - maybe these 17 pages are EVERYthing that DO have for the week of September 22 - - ANYwhere in France.<BR><BR>Anyhow, I will point out three properties to you from these 17 pages; you see if any of these match your objectives:<BR><BR>Ref 5573 at Ollioules, 4 km from Bandol - - about halfway between Aix-enProvence and Cannes. The best bargain - - 5 bedrooms (2 double beds, 4 single beds) - - for 9.530 FF per week in September.<BR><BR>Ref 5257 at St. Remy de Provence. Probably the best of these three locations, but at twice the price. 18.940 FF for 5 bedrooms (3 double beds, 4 single beds) in September (the last month they rent this particular property - - closed for winter after September 29.<BR><BR>Ref 5559 Awesome, at Althen les Paluds, near Carpentras - - but so much more than you need. 31.620 FF per week (2 week minimum in July and August) for 8 bedrooms (5 double beds, 4 single beds) - - no cheaper in September than any other "low season month" (September-June).<BR><BR>I would love to put together a trip to use this place!<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 05:52 PM
j

Thank you all for your help. Much appreciated.<BR><BR>Jenny

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 07:13 PM
elvira

We used the following for our house in the Dordogne, and were pleased with the accommodations:<BR>http://www.frenchconnections.co.uk/

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 05:45 AM
bashful

this is a Canadian company..<BR>http://www.inforamp.net/~vpv/provence/provence.htm<BR>we rented the house Mas Phyllis and it was incredible. Give them a try!

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 09:25 AM
Jill

I am also researching holiday rentals<BR>in the south of france, closer to the<BR>esterel area and found this website full<BR>of interesting propositions:<BR>rent-a-holiday.com<BR><BR>good luck!

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 04:03 PM
andrea

epmail www.villas and voyages.com--they are a group from Detroit that has a partner in france who speaks fluent english--they will be able to get you any type of villa in provence and are very reliable,honest,and affordable--send your e-mail to d.geen and he'll respond

Old Jan 7th, 2005, 05:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
ttt for casey