Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Villa SV Petar or Palace Stafileo in Trogir? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/villa-sv-petar-or-palace-stafileo-in-trogir-752984/)

welovetravel Dec 12th, 2007 01:22 PM

Villa SV Petar or Palace Stafileo in Trogir?

We are going in May and I'm researching places to stay. I'm finding the planning more frustrating than usual. I have e-mailed several hotels/private accommodations in Trogir, as well as Rovinj and but I haven't received any responses. I guess I need to start calling. Has anyone stayed in either Palace Stafileo or Villa Sv. Petar? I'm looking for an interesting place that is central but not too noisy. Thanks

Angela_m Dec 12th, 2007 04:02 PM

My daughter and I stayed in the Palace Stafileo last year. It was a smallish apt. but more than adequate for two people, although there may be more than one apt. in the building. It was extremely clean and looked almost new as if it had just been rehabbed. The location was excellent--within the walls of Trogir making it easy to walk everywhere. The owners were very accommodating and responsive, I'm surprised that Tomislav has not returned your email. I would be glad to answer any specific questions that you might have.

welovetravel Dec 13th, 2007 06:27 PM

Thanks Angela. I am a light sleeper and was wondering if the location would be very noisy? It sounds like nice place and the price is reasonable. Did you have a car? I know we will have to park outside the town. Were you glad you stayed in Trogir rather than Split?

welovetravel Dec 18th, 2007 09:18 AM

ttt

julia_t Dec 18th, 2007 09:53 AM

Trogir is a walled city, with no cars allowed in, so it will be quiet with respect to traffic noise. You may fine there is some pedestrian noise late at night.

I stayed at Rooms Dobra, I found them on www.trogironline.com
Adequate for one night,right in the middle of the old town, but quite basic, and I got the feeling that there just wasn't the money to really update the room, like there wasn't a hairdryer etc. I'd stay there again if on a budget as it was only 40 euros, but it wasn't that great.

Mind you, the email contact was good, and while a deposit was required, Jelka was happy to accept a cheque in my currency (GBP) for the equivalent of the full amount rounded up, in case I was a no show. On my arrival she gave me back the cheque when I paid her in euros.

Re parking, there is a large car park outside the town wall, and quite cheap too, and that is where I left my car overnight. It was about 3 mins walk to my apartment, and the same from the apartment to the sea.

Angela_m Dec 18th, 2007 12:28 PM

Sorry, just read your reply. The apt. was very quiet, we never heard any noise at all, but it was on the second or third floor (don't quite remember). We did have a car, but Tomislav showed us where to park and gave us a pass so we did not have to pay anything. Of course, we did not use the car while in Trogir as everything is walkable. We liked Trogir over Split, but it was so small, we quickly became somewhat bored since we stayed two nights. I doubt that I'd go back to Trogir but if I ever did I would definitely stay at the Palace Stafileo again and I would highly recommend it to others.