Villa in Positana Advise..Please!

Old Mar 14th, 2011, 03:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Villa in Positana Advise..Please!

Has anyone stayed at Villa Pimpinella in Positano? Only found a few rewiews on the Rent In Tuscany sight and just wanted a bit more confirmation before booking since it is a bit above our budget. Would appreciated any advise or suggestions of other apartments in Positano or Praiano. I have stayed in both towns and love them equally, but I am travelling with my daughter and her spouse who have never been to the Amalfi Coast and thought that they would enjoy the beaches and bars in Positano a little better then the relaxing Praiano that I enjoy so much.
Thanks in advance
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 03:58 AM

We used www.summerinitaly.com in 2007 and found them great and easy to work with. I am not familiar with the one you have above, but they have lots of selections.
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 05:00 AM

www.vrbo.com/320309

very nice at inflated price

In Positano you can get Great deals on

AARP/Expedia sea view hotel rooms that are central

with less walking from 100 euro/nt.

Italyby.com BBPlanet.itcheaper options.

Best prices I have found this year in fact booked it recently

www.hoteldelfino.com from 40 euro/nt Otel.com awesome value

Happy Hunting,
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

I know. It's so expensive...but there are 5 of us travelling and I was figuring in the cost of 2 rooms, plus having a kitchen would save $$$ on meals. I have used Summer In Italy in the past and they were great. I guess I may have to consider Praiano. Thanks for the information.
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 02:54 PM
ekc

Actually, I am also thinking of renting this villa for a girls trip in 2012 - but the 125 steps to get to the villa might make me change my mind! The price is not bad, considering some of the other prices I have seen in my research!
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

After doing a ton of research, it almost seems too good to be true. I found one really bad review for Emma Villas/Renttuscany (not for this particular villa), so I am a little worried. I have the villa on hold right now and may decide to go ahead and take a chance on it. If I do, I will let you know how it is. I am going in mid Aug. 2011. Last year I stayed at Villa Angiolina in Praiano which was absolutely gorgeous...but I think there was over 200 steps to get to it. I didn't mind since I liked the exercise, but one of my friends ended up leaving after the first night and got a hotel room for herself in Positano. It's hard to avoid the step in Positano no matter where you stay.