Notices

Villa Franca, Positano

Aug 16th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Original Poster

Villa Franca, Positano

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? My primary interest in asking is to confirm that they do, in fact, provide free bus service from the hotel into town, and back, on a regular basis.
Other information about the hotel would be appreciated, also. We are staying for 11 days, starting on September 18th; we have a sea view room with a terrace or balcony.

Thank you.
Aug 16th, 2012, 04:37 PM

I have stayed there back in 2003. I felt my room was terrific (sea view with balcony and a perfect view), breakfast was outstanding, service was very good, and the rooftop pool was delightful. I did not eat at the hotel restaurant but I did have food at the pool prepared by the hotel, which was always very good and fresh.

At the time I stayed, the shuttle was indeed free but it was on a schedule. If you needed the shuttle at a time that it wasn't scheduled to run, you needed to make arrangements ahead of time.

Without the shuttle, you can use the steep stairs OR walk the winding road. The road is not steep and actually it is a pretty quick walk up or down. My first day I used the shuttle but after that I found it easy and almost as fast to just walk the road rather than using the shuttle.

Enjoy your stay!
Aug 17th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your replay, Zoecat. My interest in the shuttle is because I have a bad right knee and prefer not to walk up and down steep roads and a lot of steps. You've re-assured me!

Search this Thread