Reload this Page >

Villa Cipressi Varenna

Search

Villa Cipressi Varenna

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 07:29 PM
elarbe

Villa Cipressi Varenna

Cannot find good info on above--how are the rooms--food?--air conditioned?--well run?--anyone stay there?--reports? <BR>Thanks for any & all responses. <BR> <BR> Elarbe

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 07:45 PM
Beenthere

The rooms are nothing extra!! I was disappointed- telephone shower- small bath-The view was great--They are not too friendly there as I remember--There was a wedding and a lot of chessy music really loud for hours. The garden was great and breakfast was indeed good.I think next time I will go to Bellagio--Not too much going on in Varenna-It was lovely howevermisty and raining

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 09:26 AM
GAC

Try the Hotel Du Lac or the Hotel Milano in Varenna. The latter has no A/C, but both have marvellous views.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 05:20 PM
lwong

Haven't stayed at this hotel but in looking up information for a visit to the Lake region next year I came across a post on Rick Steve's website about it that will interest you. The writer posted that the room she stayed in at the Villa Cipressi had bedbugs. Not kidding. <BR> <BR>If you want to see it yourself, go to Rick Steves website and go to country information then Italy, and do a search of the older posts - you'll find it.

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 07:51 AM
Athena

We stayed at Villa Cipressi and found the accommodations adequate, the staff pleasant for the most part, the breakfast good, and the view extra ordinary. Everything was fine except for one BIG problem. As customary in Italy, we handed over our passports to the desk attendant, who said he needed to keep them to record info. When we went back to retrieve them, the desk attendant who had taken them had left for the day and the new attendant said she did not have them. We would have to wait until 3 p.m. when the other attendant would return. As it was morning, our day was spoiled worrying about our passports. Finally, 3 pm. came and the attendant returned and claimed he had returned them. However, he began to tear up the desk and the office looking for them in garbage cans, drawers, safes, etc. He kept on insisting that he had returned them and they were probably in our room. We, of course, protested. He then muttered in Italian that he was going to check our room, thinking we would not understand. Fortunately, we did understand his Italian. He raced up to our room and before we could stop him, he was going through our drawers looking for the passports. We, of course, asked him to stop and leave. He finally did. Apparenty, Italians, or at least, he did not have the same respect for privacy we Americans are accustomed to. The rest of the day was spent with him calling every person in the hotel asking him/her if they had our passports. Sure enough, he had given our passports to another couple. This was a very, very aggravating experience and ruined one of our 4 days in Lago di Como. I have to say that the desk attendnet who had given away our passports did his utmost to find them, but the mistake, nevertheless, was really unforgiveable. <BR>I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience after surrendering passports in a hotel. We will never, ever leave them at a hotel desk again. We will insist that they record any necessary info immediately and give them back right away. By the way, I have traveled many times to both Italy and other parts of Europe and never experienced a problem with passports before this incident. <BR>