Reload this Page >

Viilefranche sur Mer Hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 08:19 AM
Nancy

Will be flying into Nice in May, staying at my favorite hotel for 4 nights. This is my 2nd time to Nice. After that we train into Italy for 8 days and return to fly out of Nice. I have 3 nights at the end of our trip, flying out at 10am. Since my favorite hotel is not available for those nights, I was thinking of staying in Villefranche sur Mer. I have done some reseach on this forum, and both Hotel Welcome and Hotel le Flore seem nice and are available. Keeping in mind that we will be traveling by train/bus, any thoughts on preferences for these hotels. Welcome is quoted at 170 euro for room with terrace, Hotel le Flore at 128 Euro with terrace. Also, how far from the train station are these hotels. I know that Hotel Welcome is on the water, I am presuming that le Flore is in town and not on the Basse Corniche. Enough said!! Anyone?? Thanks..Nancy

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 08:53 AM

to the top<BR>

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 09:07 AM
Anthony

Nancy,<BR><BR>Six or seven years ago we stayed at the Hotel Frisia which is right by the boat basin. It was a nice hotel located in walking distance to the train that goes to Nice, Monaco, etc. It has been some time but your indicated price range seems close.<BR><BR>Nearby is the Keryllos Mansion, and in St. Jean Cap Ferrat, the Ephruzzi Rothschild mansion and garden-which is well worth a visit.<BR><BR>Good luck!

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 09:23 AM
Georgine

Nancy,<BR><BR>Two years ago in the spring, we stayed at the Hotel La Flore. We were very please with the choice. <BR><BR> The hotel was sophisticated and serene. Excellent restaurant, moderately priced with refined service. Our room faced the bay, was newly and brightly decorated in Provencal prints, and the marble bath was compact but well-appointed. The balcony was "small"--just large enough for two chairs.<BR><BR>The La Flore would be closer to the train station for it is located on the main road between Nice and Beaulieu. The hotel sits a little below the highway.<BR>Since the balconied and terraced rooms face the bay, there was no road noise.<BR><BR>Of course, the Hotel Welcome in on the Quai, so there is foot traffic day and night. Consequently, you get good "people watching" from your balcony, but not as much privacy. (If there is a US Naval ship in port, the harbor area can get congested.)<BR><BR>After having seen both hotels, we were glad we had selected the La Flore.<BR>

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 03:02 PM
xxx

TTT<BR>

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 10:21 PM
Allison

I have been thinking of staying in Villefranche during my trip to the south of France. I too, will be traveling without a car. How late does the train/ bus travel to Nice? Any idea of how much $$ for a taxi to the Promenade in Nice or the airport?? Any hotel or restaurant suggestions would be great.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Allison

One more try!

Old Oct 26th, 2004, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ttt...does anyone have a website for Hotel La Flore , in Villefranche
Sur Mer?
I would like to see how this place looks like..
Merci...
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 01:11 PM

www.hotel-la-flore.fr
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 07:25 PM

You may also wish to check out the Versailles, which is right next door. It is a little nicer and has a larger pool. Both places have rooms with balconies overlooking the lovely bay, although with some of the ones at La Flore the view is partially blocked by a big palm tree. The restaurant at la Flore is surprisingly good.
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 07:34 PM

I don't have any current suggestions. We stayed at a b&amp;b in Villefranche when we were in college. My girlfriend called out the window, &quot;Wait until you see this view, you are going to die, it's so gorgeous.&quot; I have fond memories. Have fun!
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 07:10 AM

I have just returned from Villefranche-sur-Mer. I rented an apt. and I had a car. I don't cook when travelling, so went down to the Hor=tel Welcome every morning that I was in the area for breakfast.

Buses runt both directions of the coast every 15-20 min. I took the bus into Vieux Nice..about a 15 minute ride..I got off at Pl. Garibaldi..1.70 euros..There are airport shuttle services available. If you book a hotel, such as the Welcome, I'm sure they can help you with that....
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 09:02 AM

Thank You very much Patti and everyone else for all your help.

Tell me gracejoan, is the hotel far from the city center or the beach ? I dont have a car..

I already had a reservation for a hotel in Nice, but I must cancel it, after I have read a very bad review in tripadvisor..
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 09:08 AM

The Hotel Welcome is right on the main waterfront street..at the very beginning..convenient to everything in Villefranche-sur-Mer.
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 12:45 PM
OT

I was in Villefranche at the end of September, we stayed at Hotel Versailles, which is right next door to La Flore. Room was comfortable, although could do with a little bit updating but clean and quite adequate. Had faboulous view over Cap Ferrat, fantastic to see the sun rising in the morning. Nice pool area, with adjoing breakfast room and a small bar. On the entrance level which is the top floor, a very nice terrace and bar, again with views over Cap Ferrat and the outer harbour. We dined at La Flore twice and the restaurant was excellent.

A short stroll into the centre of the town, and it is a little bit steep in some places. Lots of little galleries and shops, and restaurants. Hotel Welcome is situated right in the harbour, lots of restaurants, so could be noisy if you want a quiet and early night.

Villefranche is located half way between Nice and Monte Carlo, the bus to Monte Carlo was 3 Euro and took 20 minutes, stops in the centre.

I also recommend a visit to Eze, an old medivial town perched on a cliff top. Lots of yummy boutiques selling handcrafted jewellery, clothes, art and some nice little restaurants too.