I am planning a trip for early Sept 2012 with my wife and mother. My mother has never left the country and just got her passport today. She is 65 but in good health with a bit of emphysema...so super active sports, or carrying heavy backpacks, are out.
So...this trip we are planning to hit Budapest (5 days), Vienna (5 days), and Krakow (5 days).
Any suggestions on accomodations would be much appreciated! My wife and I will typically find something one step up from a hostel on the fringe of the centrum so we can walk to the sites/restaurants/bars/etc. Something high-value, low cost. I have heard that apartment rentals are a good idea...but havent ever looked into that. All my mom REALLY cares about is a private bathroom for the 3 of us. Having a single room with 2 decent sized beds is okay. Having a 2-bedroom apartement in the heart of the action would be awesome, but normally out of our price range.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 2 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 3 Has anyone used Gemut.com for car rental?
- 4 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 5 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 6 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 7 Which Area in London?
- 8 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 9 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 10 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 11 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 12 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 13 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 14 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 17 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 18 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 19 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 20 Transportation in Brittany
- 21 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 22 Trains - website?
- 23 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 24 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 25 Trenitalia - lost and found