I am looking forward to visiting Vienna on May 6-10. My third trip. From what I can tell surfing the web, not much in the main music venues are available. Most appear to be sold out or limited tickets. Most of the venues seem to be the more tourist oriented music (OK - I am a tourist, but I'm interested in more serious music). Do you have to order through local ticket agents when you get there? I did see the Sound of Music at the Volksopera. Any views on the venue or program? I could not find any ballet, I assume it must be off-season? The philharmonic seemed to only have handicapped seating left. I also saw some some former postings regarding cathedral/church concerts. The links to their websites had no calendars. Can you get tickets/seats once you get there?
Thanks for any help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Naples?
- 2 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 3 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 4 land vs river cruise
- 5 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 6 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 7 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 8 Tips for first trip to UK
- 9 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 10 Portugal
- 11 Browsing Barcelona
- 12 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 13 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 14 Malaga Christmas lights
- 15 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 16 Croatia in mid/late October
- 17 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 18 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 19 Help with Venice Trip?
- 20 Dubrovnik
- 21 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 22 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 23 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 24 Norte Dame light show!
- 25 Where to Eat in Barcelona