Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Vienna - long weekend for 2nd weekend in Nov 2014?
Notices

Vienna - long weekend for 2nd weekend in Nov 2014?

Sep 23rd, 2014, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Vienna - long weekend for 2nd weekend in Nov 2014?

Hi, a friend and I are looking to do a long weekend (probably thurs-mon) in Vienna the 2nd weekend in Nov (Nov 6-10) - how is the weather at that time? We both have never been (31 yr old women) and we'll definitely want to visit museums, culture, food, shopping, etc. Is this a decent time to go? Any suggestions? Where to stay? What to do? We just decided to do this trip last night so were in the beginning stages of planning. Thanks!
Sep 23rd, 2014, 09:57 AM

Shame you're not there a week or two later (during Advent) for the Christmas markets. Vienna and a bunch of them and some are very big. You can still enjoy the Palace, the Opera House, the Spanish Riding Academy and the Hapsburg residences. Check out the Fodors list of stuff to do on this website.
Sep 23rd, 2014, 10:08 AM

Do you have specific interests? For instance, you can say "I love classical music" or "I'm a WWI history buff" or "I'm into art nouveau architecture" and so forth? If you give me some idea, I can recommend some places probably outside the usual.

Sadly can't give advice on where to stay since I live here at the moment but I would say that the 1st, the 2nd (particularly if close to the red line of the metro - so, Praterstern and Nestroyplatz areas - or close to Karmelitermarkt) and the 4th-7th districts are great areas, the 8th and 9th can also be good. I wouldn't do the double digit districts. The 19th is posh and all but you'd be spending some precious time getting into and out of the city and your time is a bit limited.
Sep 23rd, 2014, 10:14 AM

For places to stay you need to give us a specific nightly budget. We always stay inside the ring to be able to walk to many sights.

Search this Thread