Reload this Page >

Vienna Hotel- Bristol or Imperial??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 03:16 PM
Mary

Would love to hear comments about these hotels. Is one in a better location than the other for a couple days in Vienna? Both I believe are 5 star hotels so should be nice. Have you stayed at either?? Thanks, Mary

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 04:00 AM
Mike

The Imperial is HM the Queen's favourite in the world, apparently. I think they clean the rooms up special for her, though.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 04:04 AM
Cindy

I spent a few days at the Hotel Bristol in Vienna last August. I know nothing about the Imperial, but I thought my room in the Bristol was to die for, especially after coming from some of the hotels I had just stayed in in Poland. It was huge and the bathroom was large and it all overlooked the State Opera House. Very impressive. The location was also very good, on the Ringstrasse with the tram to take you anywhere around the ring, and also next to the popular shopping areas.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 05:13 AM
mark

The restaurant, Korso, in the Hotel Bristol is incredible. Best dinner I have had yet in all my travels.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 10:14 AM
Mary

Wow! They both sound great!! Thanks for your responses. Is one in a better location than the other? Mary

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 02:23 PM
BTilke

Mary, May I suggest you also look into the ANA Grand Hotel, which is almost next door to the Bristol. It is a 5-star hotel as well, but for some reason does not appear in many guidebooks (including Fodors). I spent several nights there in the beginning of March and loved it. The rooms were huge, wonderful bathrooms, lots of special amenities, high tech gadgets (even the drapes were remote controlled from the phone), a very nice fitness center with high quality brand new equipment on the top floor (open 24 hours) and so on. Nice lobby bar with live piano music every afternoon, very helpful staff, etc. We will definitely be staying there on our future trips to Vienna. FYI, I paid about $200 a night (no breakfast included at that rate), a special from their Internet site, www.anagrand.com<BR>BTilke (Brussels)

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 10:35 AM
Mary

Oops....I should have mentioned that I'm redeeming Starwood points so this is why I'm only considering one or the other. Any more opinions on this?? Mary

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 11:01 AM
BTilke

In that case, the Bristol is *slightly* closer to the Opera, Karntnerstrasse, etc. But the Imperial is only about 1.5 blocks farther down, not much of a difference. They're both outstanding hotels. One nice thing about the Imperial is having breakfast or drinks on the outside terrace of their main floor restaurant. Very pleasant.