Vienna - HAIR (show)

Old May 27th, 2002, 08:35 AM
linda

Vienna - HAIR (show)

I will be in Vienna for 3 nights (June 19, 20, 21). I am interested in seeing the muscial HAIR when I am there, but can not find too much info. on it except it is playing at that time. Any suggestions for website? I am interested in other theatre also. Any? Any suggestions on opera for a non-opera person. I want to go, but have never been to one before - suggestions? I appreciate any help.

Old May 27th, 2002, 02:34 PM

topping

Old May 27th, 2002, 04:16 PM
MG

A good place to start:
www.info.wien.at

Once you reserve your hotel, you could email the concierge and ask him/her to reserve you tickets to "Hair."

For an opera schedule, Vienna State Opera is www.wiener-staatsoper.at and the Volksoper, the second major opera house, is www.volksoper.at.

Have fun!

Old May 27th, 2002, 04:29 PM
MG

P.S. Linda, it looks like Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg is on at the Vienna Staatsoper (State Opera House) in June -- it's accessible and fun for an opera beginner.

If you can find one, a Mozart opera like Marriage of Figaro or The Magic Flute, would also be a good first opera experience.

Old May 28th, 2002, 04:45 AM
linda

Thanks for the suggestions.

Old May 28th, 2002, 05:48 AM
BTilke

Linda,
The official site for the musical is www.musicalvienna.at/hair
If you can read German, you can book tickets online through that site. However, if you want to arrange tickets through an English site, go to:
http://www.nethotels.com/events/english/EventDetail.asp?EventID=9652&Group=7

which will give you the details on dates, times, how to book tickets., etc.

Old May 28th, 2002, 08:08 AM
Ellen

I saw Hair in Vienna! I am at work and don't have the info with me, but I will look when I get home. Our concierge got the tickets for us earlier on the day of the performance. Very decent seats. We took a cab to the theater, and had to go to a nearby hotel to call a cab for the return trip, but it was not a problem. Dress is casual but neat. The show was great. Not Broadway, but perhaps off-Broadway calibur. All the dialogue is in German, but if you know the story you won't have any problem following along. The songs are sung in English. Go for it! We also saw the Magic Flute Marionnette show at Shonbrunn. Also a treat.

Old May 28th, 2002, 05:21 PM
linda

Thanks - this has been very helpful. Any other suggestions for entertainment?