Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Vienna apartment in a good spot for 2 weeks?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 02:23 PM
Sam Lowry

Hi-<BR>Considering a trip to Vienna... but because my wife is pregnant- she is worried about getting food when she wants food. In other words- having a kitchen (or at least a frig.) would be great. So- is there a good source of info about short-term rentals in good locations in Vienna? We plan to make excursions out of Vienna.<BR><BR>Any ideas?<BR>Thannks,<BR>SL<BR><BR>

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 03:30 PM
CharlieB

Sam - you might want to check www.vacationvillas.net - they have rental listings at $400 - $600 per week. They are a clearing house so you deal directly with the property owner, but they do tell you what languages the owner speaks. Rented a cottage in Germany thru them last summer and had a wonderful experience. If you are going to be in Vienna for more than a week, it is definitely the way to go. Enjoy!

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 08:31 PM
Rex

We;ve been checking out a few of the listings on http://www.vrbo.com/vrbo/aut.htm lately, Sam.<BR><BR>Not necessarily great, not bad - - I think.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 03:41 AM
up

for Sam<BR>

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 07:22 AM
Sam Lowry

Thanks for the tips. Both sources of info are just what I was looking for. <BR>Thanks again,<BR>SL

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 08:13 AM
Nick

Hi<BR>When I moved to Vienna last year, I stayed in block of serviced apartments in Singerstrasse in centre of town. www.singerstrasse2125.at. It is a modern block with air con. Had a studio which is pretty compact with small kitchen including oven and dishwasher. There are bigger apartments at higher cost in the block. Its pretty good overall. Other blocks include Starlight Suites - 2 or 3 blocks in centre of town. Maybe not as good as Singerstrasse. If you tell me time (via direct email), maybe I can rent my apartment - I live in a Palace in the dead centre (which is actually affordable in Vienna - we saw lots of rubbish for more) and newly fitted out, been here 18 mths. Probably leaving Vienna soon so timing is key thing!