I'm a Canadian travelling to Vienna on Feb 14 to meet my husband who will already be there for business. We are planning on staying in central Europe for 6 or 7 days.
We have a moderate budget (no need to go super cheap, but not overly luxurious either), and are both into exploring big cities, good restaurants and bars (but not clubs), shopping, checking out local culture and historical sites, etc.
I have some questions I'm hoping someone knowledgeable can help out with. Sorry in advance if any of these are really stupid - I'm not an experienced traveller:
- We would like to stay in Vienna for a couple of days (since my husband's hotel is paid for) and then move on to another city (or two) for the rest of the trip. Cities that we're interested in are Budapest, Berlin, Prague. I do realize that 6-7 days is not a lot of time. What do you recommend in terms of cities to visit?
- How should we travel from Vienna to the other destinations? I'm thinking train, but I'm concerned about wasting time....
- Would really appreciate any hotel/restaurant/stuff to do recommendations for any cities you suggest.
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in europe
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 European honeymoon help needed
- 5 Portugal
- 6 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 7 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 8 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 11 Where to stay in Naples?
- 12 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 13 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 14 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 15 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 16 Browsing Barcelona
- 17 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 18 Malaga Christmas lights
- 19 Croatia in mid/late October
- 20 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 21 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 22 Help with Venice Trip?
- 23 Dubrovnik
- 24 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna