Reload this Page >

Vienna Airport to City Center

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2002, 08:43 PM
Snoopy

I am arriving at the Vienna airport on a Friday in July at 9 AM on my way to Oslo. My flight to Oslo leaves at 5 PM. <BR>Do I have time to make it to the city center for a quick visit?<BR>What's the best way to get from the airport to the city center and back?<BR>How much time do I need to allow to get back to the airport and check-in?<BR>Thanks !!

Old May 24th, 2002, 09:39 PM
pv

Snoopy,<BR><BR>This url might help answer some of your questions as I haven't been to Vienna, yet.<BR><BR>http://www.worldairportguide.com/<BR><BR>just click on the Vienna airport

Old May 25th, 2002, 05:30 AM
Kathy

We used Mazur. Right there as you come through customs in Vienna Airport. It cost about $15 to the City Center. Very reliable pick-up from our hotel on our return to the airport.

Old May 25th, 2002, 02:21 PM
mary

the airport bus to the hilton runs every 20 min and is just outside the baggage pickup. i believe it cost about 9$ US

Old May 27th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Benny

In April we took the bus to the City Air Terminal and it was 11.6 Euros for two for one way. It might have taken 20-30 minutes, no longer. Stops at the Hilton. Just cross the Ring Road heading west and have a great day seeing one of the most beautiful (and clean) cities in Europe. It's almost all pedestrian in the area with all the sights you could possibly see in one day. You can see the Stephansdom (cathedral) and Hofburg (imperial palace) and some of the most amazing Baroque churches. Wear comfortable walking shoes with thick rubber soles. Have a great time!

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 07:04 AM
delphin

You can take the bus and then the metro<BR><BR>go mit Linie 1 to Kaertner str visit the Stephansdom and look around the streets connected to kaertnersrs.If you have time you can make a ring tour with the ring -tramway which shows the historic places of Vienna and it takes 20 mn.The time you need back to the airport is up tp the traffic after you take the bus from Hilton again.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Chris

Enough time for a quick visit certainly. Bus from the airport every 20 mins, takes about 25 mins to the Hilton, which is 2 underground stops (i.e. about 4 minutes) from Stephansplatz and the very centre. For the super rapid Vienna tour, thr Ringstrasse around the centre will show you the most tourist sights in the shortest period of time.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 08:53 AM
Beth

You definitely have time and you should do it! I just got back from 16 days in Vienna, Salzburg, Budapest and England. I loved Vienna. It is the cleanest city I've ever visited in Europe. And the people are great to.<BR><BR>Airport to city center shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes. You can hop on the tram that runs around the ring. It costs two euros, so make sure you have a few two-euro coins. There are many stops that you can hop off to see. I would suggest getting off at the Opera and walking down to St. Stephans. There is a ton of great shopping, but don't forget to stop at a cafe and enjoy a Sacher torte and a cup of cappucino or expresso. <BR><BR>I will definitely go back many times to Vienna. It is an incredible city.<BR><BR>Have fun!